Saturday, July 23, 2011

Genevieve

Welcome to another Saturday and challenge at Make it Colourful! This week we're challenging you to change the colors of your embellishment... any of your embellishments. So get out your markers, ink refills, paints and whatnot and come along to join in the challenge. ;D


I colored three of my embellishments... (1) Colored the ivory lace ribbon with my YR18 Copic marker, (2) colored the white Prima flowers with YR18, YR14, YR12 and Y23; and lastly (3) painted the chippies (Filigree Jewels from Make it Crafty) with Silver Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber.


The images used are Genevieve from Kraftin' Kimmy Stamps and in the background I used the Steampunk Flying Machine from Make it Crafty. For some reason orange and green always goes well together so with all the green on the project, I chose a bright orange for the hair. I think I used Y32, YR12, YR14 and Y18 - the same colors as the flowers.


This is the eleveth page in my journal and as you can see there is no way this book is ever closing flat again! It's even to the point that it props itself up from the other pages... as you can see. ;D But just as well... the journal will look better opened than closed. LOL


I used a type set alphabet to create the sentiment... "Adventure". I wasn't sure how to attach them because the prongs would go through the paper and thought I must be missing a tool or something. So I just bent all the prongs in then attached them with glue dots - an easy fix for now. ;D


Hope you enjoy this project and have a great weekend full of coloring! :D

Oh I forgot to mention that I have all the these journal pages labeled with "... Art Journal" so you can click on that and see all the pages in the book. And those clouds were colored with B52, B21, C3, C1, B00, and B000.

13 comments:

  1. Barbara, I'm speechless! Too beautiful for words!
    Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara, wow! i really like that flying machine and the way you colour it. Plus I'm kicking myself about those flowers.....I coloured some flowers for another project and so boringly did them in just one shade.....'nil points' to me for creativity, he he. Yours looks perfect, I learn something new each time I visit your blog :) CoB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is fabulous, your colouring is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. waaauw, this looks fab ! great !!!
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bam Bam! Glorious colouring and lots to drool over yet again! This layout and the scene are fabulous and those embellies perfect. Gorgeous journal reveals each time. I look forward to seeing them all. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous project! I love the way you color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, first of all, thank you for your visit and very kind comment at mine. How on earth did you come across me? Secondly. OMG. Your work is A.May.Zing! Wow, wow, wow. I'll be back again. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your second visit! It's given me the perfect excuse to come at take a peep at your stunning work again. I'm noticing different things each time I stop by, the colouring on the flowers to be specific, this time round. Wow. Have a great Sunday. Oh and yes, I'd love to be on your team!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara I've come to your blog from "Make It Colourful" and spent ages looking at your work. Your style just blows me away, the detail you create in your colouring is so amazing.

    I'll be back to look through your posts even more.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this is gorgeous, Barbara! I love the combination of images you have used and your colours and colouring are fantastic! Love the idea of the art journal too! And thank you for the lovely comment you left on my MIC creation! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, first, this is another outstanding page. Wow. Second, thanks for labeling them Art Journal. I am going to reference back to them. I want to be able to use embellishments together like you have on each of your pages. I love that look. I think my journal will be for my Copic coloring, too, and how I am progressing. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.