Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girl's Best Friend

Welcome to another Tiddly Ink Tuesday Challenge where the theme this week is to create a project inspired by a Nature Movie. My movie isn't all about nature but it fit the images I wanted to use... "Must Love Dogs" and highlight the park scenes.


And speaking of movies, it's not helping much to write this post while I'm watching Rango. I'm not sure about the plot yet but the textures on characters are amazing! Anyway, I decorated another page in the journal and this time I went with a very girlie pastel theme.


It's been a long time since I've used my button stash so I grabbed a few coordinating colors and scattered them around with a few pearls. I also found some old ribbon that worked well and finally used another one of those Ranger tags.


The images I used was Girl's Best Friend from Tiddly Inks and Rainbow Meadow from Make it Crafty. I think the paper I used was Sugar Rush from Basic Gray. Here's a close up of the colored image... the girl was colored separate and then I used foam dots to give it dimension from the background.


Did you see the post from yesterday about the "green" faces? This is another one of my attempts and I'm not sure how it turned out - different. This time I had colored the all the skin areas with Y000 and G20 before applying any other color. I'm sure to try it again so we'll see what comes around. ;D

10 comments:

  1. what a great creation ! lovely
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh thats sooooo cute.
    have a nice day

    greetins
    angelique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara - I am always SO inspired when I see your art journal. Stunning gorgeous and so full of beauty!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really enjoying these journal pages you've shared. It's a nice break from the traditional card size.

    Her face turned out lovely, I admittedly wouldn't have known you added green. I will definitely check out Trev Murphy, it's intriguing.

    Your colouring is always an awe inspiring, I particularly love the little Scotty and all his shagginess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous, Barbara! Your journal is sooo amazing! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project and you colored your image so fabulously! I love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, what a fun creation! i love that it's part of your card journal. What a clever idea! Your image couldn't be more perfect ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect!!! I can't wait for you to finish that journal so you can send it to me!! LOL - truly this is a gorgeous creation and I love the Tiddly girl with that background!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, this is so cute. What a fun summer scene. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.