Friday, July 1, 2011

Licorice

This little cutie is one of the new releases at Little Miss Muffet Stamps and you can check them all out over at the challenge blog. After coloring up a Red Riding Hood I was inspired todraw a girl with red apples - only now do I see that it could be a reference to Snow White. LOL


I used the N range of Copic colors to color the hair black as I had always used the W range before - I like how this turned out better as I think it has less of a gray look and more of a shiny black look which is what I wanted. But don't those applies look yummy?!


The background is created with a diecut pack that I got at my local hobby store. I think it's by K&Co but it included about dozen garden themed cut outs. The butterfly is from the same cutout but from the side I cut off the card - I thougt it make a nice subtle embellishment.


I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
Craft Us Crazy Challenge #11 (summer theme)
Clearly Inspired Challenge #31 (diecuts, cutouts)
Digi's with Attitude Challenge #32 (anything goes)
Samuel Taylors Crafts July Challenge (summer theme)

DT Preview: Little Miss Muffet Stamps - New Releases
Main Stamp:
Licorice (LMMS)
Patterned Paper: Lime Twist (MME)

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E11, E13
-browns: E31, E23, E57
-reds: R21 R22, R24, R29
-blues: BG10, BG11, BG15, BG32, BG18
-grays: N2, N4, N6, N8

4 comments:

  1. She's very sweet Barbara : ) I like the N toned black hair too and the embellishments are gorgeous!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a precious image! Great colors too. So glad you joined us for CIC31 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the diecuts you used in the background! Thanks for joining us at CIC31.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done with the cutouts and really like the use of the ticket. I have a hard time using them even though I love them on other people's cards.

    Thanks for punching & die cutting with us at Clearly Inspired Challenge #31 at www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com
    Don't forget to come back on Saturday (07/16/2011) to see what challenge #32 will be. Another challenge means another chance to be entered in to win the great prizes!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.