Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mix 'n Match with Tiddly Inks & Make it Crafty

Make it Crafty and Tiddly Inks presents... a Mix 'n Match Release! I'm so excited about this joint release I'm almost paralyzed witting about it - I don't even know where to start! LOL So there's details over at Facebook and a Release Page that has everything you need to know plus more sneak peeks... and a fun game of I Spy!


"It’s finally time to release the big Mix n’ Match collection from Tiddly Inks and Make it Crafty! Together they have been craftily plotting behind the scenes for months (making us drool in anticipation) to bring you a fabulous collection of Steampunk creations with a Victorian theme! You’ll find little steampunk houses, bits and bobs background scenes, flying contraptions, gorgeous characters and the finest selection of digital papers!

We could send you on a little hop, but they are getting a bit boring... so we knocked our heads together and thought up a game to play instead! ‘I SPY’ with my little eye... ... hmmm what do you spy?? Well to find out, head on over to the Release Page where it all begins!! (Plus 15% off new release images for a week!)"


Here's my creation and another page in the summer journal. My journal is about 5" x 8" and has been an interesting size to create with - in some areas I have more room to play around and my style has certainly been leading towards the scrap side of decoupage.


In the background I used Steampunk Flying Machine from Make it Crafty and went with a color scheme I thought would be realistic for that time period - coloring metals such as black cast iron, copper, brass and steel. Then the paints and fabrics were more muted colors to coordinate with the metals. For the sky, I added just a few clouds.


In the foreground I used Owlette from Tiddly Inks and colored her with the same muted colors except for her hair. There is something about orange-red hair that goes perfectly with a green dress! On the dress, I created lots of folds and pleats and bult up the ink so much that I over saturated the paper - luckily for me, that ended up making it looked like crushed velvet, a happy mistake I can live with!


Update: I totally forgot to include a close up picture of the awesome Flying Machine!! ... and I'd like to enter this project into the Simon Says Challenge - Anything Goes.


Hope you enjoyed the release and my inspriation for you today! Happy stamping and good luck with the I Spy game!! :D

49 comments:

  1. Hats off, you are the queen. I always gush on my comments to you, so I am at a loss tonight. Absolutely stunning. I am gobsmacked! Mine seems boring in comparison, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You started the journal!!! How did I not know this?!?!?! What an incredible entry. I just LOVE everything about it and your colouring.. well it's to die for. xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want dibs on the journal when you are done!!! LOL Maybe you can auction it for a cool million? :)

    You rock!!! :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. barbara, i dont know where to start, i am just speechless. i adore your journal. your images look amazing and those little green roses are beautiful. hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, this is too beautiful for words! Unbelievable! My compliments, dear lady, and thank you for the inspiration!
    Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara,
    What can I say except this is even more beautiful close up, Your colouring OMG is to die for Barbara, her dress looks absolutely amazing, those folds are gorgeous. I would just love to be able to colour like that...Your whole design is breathtaking....I just can't keep my eyes off it....

    Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!!
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh... I LOVE this page... what a great page in your journal! gorgeous colouring by the way!!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY... this is sooo beautiful, i adore how you've coloured her dress and your happy mistake looks wonderful! And i'm loving the new steampunk images so cute! Thanks for sharing, have a great day
    hugs
    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara, wow that dress is coloured so beautifully!! The pleats are so stunning!! I would kill for a dress like that (even though I think that it's not very convenient wearing that as a teacher LOL). Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh lovely journal I wouldn't want to use I'd just sit & stare at it all day!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this and I simply adore the way you colored her dress! What a fabulous project!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in total AWE of your gorgeous colouring! This is just an AMAZING piece of art!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is BEAUTIFUL Barb! Amazing coloring!! I love your work! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredible project. You're right the dress does look like velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm afraid I'm speechless too! I'm just sitting here drooling over that DRESS! OMG!!! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! What a scene! Great coloring. Great embellies! Great everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project... I am in awe of how you coloured that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful - LOVE this new image!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo amazing - what a fab journal this is going to be.
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation Barbara. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really gorgeous and a great idea to have it in a journal, really beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my god Bam Bam, your colouring is awesome! Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh you're right! Her gown does look like crushed velevet! I love the colors you used and the ship background just looks wonderful. :-) Awesome job on your journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally awesome. Your colouring is out of this world - her dress looks fantastic. Am loving these new mix & match images.
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. really really love this project Barbara...That dress came out so cute...I would wear it...lol
    Loving the Ispy game....something diff.

    Thanks
    April
    Peacockbbd2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Barbara this is amazing! Your colouring of this image totally rocks. so very pretty!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bam Bam this is amazing!!!!!! I LOVE your colouring, her skirt looks stunning! And I'm impressed you tackled the flying machine...gulp! LOL! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous! And your coloring is amazing!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! I am in awe. Your coloring is amazing - I'm just staring at that green dress.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is just too stunning for words! The details are totally fabulous! The coloring is awesome, but the dress is gorgeous! Love the book idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just AMAZING Barbara. I really love the way you colored her dress. Those folds are practically jumping off the page. (I hear you about over saturating the paper... I'm always doing that, lol.) Really gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. this is absolutely gorgeous. Love the coloring and composition. And all the nice little details.

    ReplyDelete
  33. you have done an amazing job! I love your Journal entry! and I love this image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh so this is what an art journal is! What a brilliant idea, I think this is just the sort of thing I need.

    Barbara, I have been waiting for your blog post just so i could see an enlarged pic of that flying machine......oh my word, you did a knockout job on it, not to mention Owlette and the gorgeous gorgeous folds in her dress. Fab colours and composition too, can't stop finding things i love about this. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great art work! Owlette is my fav image in this release and I love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  36. hi barbara, me again. thanks for your lovely comment on my card.....yes i did use pencil shadows on the image. I had to hold myself back from adding more and more, I just wanted to go so BLACK. Something deliciously dark about steampunk sometimes :) CoB

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is just fabulous! LOVE the coloring. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow Fabulous card barbara and awesome colouring.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful card in a journal... I love that velvet dress...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh wow Barbara this is a stunner and your colouring is amazing, love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful work! The coloring is simply delish! You really really have a way of bringing these images to life with your creatiivity. Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  42. absoltuely amazing! I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh I do love those magnificent Flying machines!

    Your green and olive tones are amazing and that reddish orange hair give the image such a wow factor!
    Fab project.

    Take care
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the steam punk look. Wow, your summer journal is getting interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.