Friday, July 15, 2011

Quinceañera Dance

Here's my second image this week showing off the new releases over at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! This one is Quinceañera Dance and is one I colored while thinking about princess gowns. I had originally searched for Prom dresses but I wanted something more innocent and the Quinceañera (15 years old) dresses were perfect.


I created another page in my summer journal and trying hard to stick with flat embellishments. However, all those small things add up and the book is starting to bulge! I might have to stop at 10 pages and start another book - either that or find an easy method of book binding. Any ideas?


I embellished it with a few odds and ends from around my desk area plus some of my favorite chippies from Make it Crafty. I covered them with a Gold Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber and cut around the some parts to make it fit. Then I sprinkled on a few pearls and gems and finished it up with a blue dragonfly.


Here's a close up of Quinceañera Dance with her green dress and long wavy hair. I couldn't resit adding a little sparkle and added the flower gem in her hair. Now she's ready for her big birthday celebration!


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Moving Along with the Times Challenge - favorite things (princess girls)
Pixie Dust Studio Challenges - girly girl
Southern Girls Challenges - Happy Birthday
Stampin' B's Challenges - make it with bling
Ruby's Rainbow Challenges - Happy Birthday

Here's Lydia's card for the release. She has this keen ear for listening when I'm printing out my digital images! She'll always run up at the right moment and beg... "Can I have that one too!?"


10 comments:

  1. Barbara! This is GORGEOUS!! Your coloring is over the top beautiful!!

    And Lydia's is so bright and cheery!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is gorgeous i love the shades of green and the sweet image

    Thanks for joining in our Favourites challenge at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super journal page Barbara fantastic colouring and Lydia's is just gorgeous too!

    Thank you for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week for our favourites and good luck with the challenge

    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Journal is just fantastic, I want to start one, love the colour scheme.
    Tell Lydia that her colouring and card is better than Mummy's.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card,and love Lydias too, thanks for playing and sharing your favorites on MAWTT, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page..

    Thanks for joining us at RRC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous page for your journal Barbara! The bling in her hair is perfect!

    Lydia your card is beautiful!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the StampinB challenge to use bling this week. Thanks for joining the StampinB challenge this week and hope you'll come back and play again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great project. Love the young artists coloring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah bless! Its just wonderful when children want to copy mummy. Tell her she is clever and makes stunning pictures just like mummmy. I love your Art journal. Your colouring is outstanding and your beautiful creations have totally inspired me today. So thank you for sharing

    hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.