Saturday, July 9, 2011

Toasting Properly

Remember all those hints I've given about coloring pleats and folds in clothing? Well, today's the day! It's another challenge with Make it Colourful and our theme this week is none other than to... create folds and pleats through coloring! :D


Here's a close up of some of the folds I created in the dress. I like to start with my darker colors and work towards the lighter ones. The darkest color I lay down serves as a guide for the fold - so I guess it's kinda like cheating. LOL But give it a go and see how it turns out for you.


Our challenges is sponsored by Magnolia-Licious which also have lots of images to practice this technique with. :D The images I used on my project was Toasting Property from Tiddly Inks and Flying Balloon Chair from Make it Crafty. It's an unusual combination, I think, but I like how it turned out.


I embellished with a few elements keeping with a black and lavender theme but also snuck in another page from the dictionary - this one was semi checked for bad words though I still didn't take the time to *every* word. Ha. But I guess that is what would make it interesting - especially for this card!


I didn't write down any details on the colors and papers this time around but I used the upper V's for the lavender and the "N" Neutral colors. Here's a closeup of the main image. I colored her with Gray hair thinking of my Mom - she's on vacation right now and enjoying life, of course.


Hope you liked it and come on over to play in our challenge this round - it's a fun technique to learn. Happy Stamping and stay tuned for next week's combined release of Make it Crafty and Tiddly Inks!

9 comments:

  1. Stunning Barbara! Your coloring is amazing. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Barbara. Your colouring is amazing and compliments the folds totally!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara this is STUNNING!!! Gorgeous colors!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun image. And your colouring is just fab !! Really loving it.
    Hugs Laila

    check out my new candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Barbara! I love those folds!!!!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - fab colouring! Your pleats look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. You are so good at that. I adore all the little baubles you glued on too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your folds in the dress are fantastic. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.