Monday, August 15, 2011

The Paper Project - Experiment VII

Welcome back to The Paper Project! I don't know why this test took so long for me to think of but I'm so glad I did! And on that note, if you have a suggestion for a test just drop me a line. ;D

Experiment VII - Paper Purities

The purpose of this experiment is to find out if any of the papers have hidden dyes that might or might not effect the markers. To do this, I applied two drops of Various Ink Blender 0 to the paper to get it really saturated and hoped it would push out and reveal inks in the paper. So let's get to it and see what I found!

The papers are identified in the Introduction and here are the results:
(Click on the picture for a zoomed look.)



Can you see it? I tried scanning this and nothing showed up so this picture is actually one step better. :D The results? I did find ink! I actually knew I would beforehand because of the paper I use on a regular basis has problems blending to white.

Papers A, K, L, R and V all had ink in the papers and resulted in a purple-ish ring. L shows up the lightest but is darker than what is actually pictured. (Please note: I have updated and tested with X but didn't retake the picture.)

Based on this test alone I would recommend B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, M, N, O, P, Q, S, T, U, W and X to be the better papers.

4 comments:

  1. This is really interesting B, how fab, looks like the white wove passed its first test...yey!!!
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never have thought papers would have some dye in...you really think of everything. Love your scientific approach to testing and thanks for sharing the results. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I could really see the ring in A, K, R & V, not so much in L. That would certainly throw your colour off, especially if you are colour matching DP.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.