Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sugar

It's another challenge at Little Miss Muffet Challenges and this week we have an interesting challenge for you - we want to have your image go "outside the diecut!" What does that mean? Well, if you read my post from yesterday then you got a sneak peek! ;D


On this project I used Sugar from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen for the die. I stamped and colored my image first then placed my diecut on top to get the position. Then before sending it through the cutting press I cut around the parts I wanted to keep and flipped them on the top.


I love this technique and I think it fills out the card nicely without taking up the whole front. We have lots of inspiration to look at so make sure you head on over to the Little Miss Muffet Challenge blog and take a gander! :D Happy Coloring!


I'd like to enter this into the following challenge:

Craft Your Passion Away Challenge #69 - anything goes
Crafty Cardmaking Challenge #50 - use butterflies
iCopic Challenge Week #41 - skin tones
Make it Monday #48 - anything goes
Woodware USA Challenge #37 - anything goes

18 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Barbara and I love the sentiment!

    Great challenge!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card, great colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little flutterbies look so sweet on this cutie. Do you need me to rave about your colouring again?! ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Barbara, that sentiment just reminds me of my son, we count 'sleeps', how many sleeps till Christmas etc lol. Love that beautiful white ribbon too. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You blow me away with your coloring skills! Love the darker skin tone and the embellies are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so pretty, Barbara! Your colouring is fantastic and I love the embellishments! Have a lovely day! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that´s so sweet! the sentiment is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card!! Your coloring is beautiful, love how parts of the girl are outside the die cut and that sentiment is awesome. Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges- your card is perfect - so pretty and fab colouring - wow !!!! hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Barbara. Love your technique . Your colouring is amazing ! Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still not confident enough to colour dark skin, but when I do, will pop back to this stunning card Barbara. She is super cute and the sentiment made me smile.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just been looking at the miss muffett challenge thinking how on earth do you do this. Someone tried to explain it to me a while back but it didn't make sence - so when clicked on your blog and saw how you did it all makes sence now!! thanks very much.

    Great card - thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic, love this Barbara! Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! You're so brave to send such a lovely image through your machine. Maybe I'll get there one day.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun card and that's such a sweet stamp! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so so cute!! Thanks so much for playing with iCopic this week! I hope to see you back next time.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    www.thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card. Nice coloring and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Her skin turned out so fantastically, you really are a Master at this technique.

    Sugar's expression is just so sweet. I love the sentiment too. Wonderful folds in her dress, again such a Master. Okay enough already, I sound like such a suck up. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.