Friday, September 16, 2011

Lavender the Quilter

Happy Birthday QuiltingInTexas!! It's my Mom's birthday this week and I made this card especially for her. ;D This image is Lavender the Quilter from Kraftin' Kimmie and has been high on my list since she's been released. I colored her with blue eyes and blonde hair to resemble what my Mom would look like when she first started quilting.


The quilt was actually fun to color but it was difficult to keep the pattern visualized as I was coloring - for example, I kept getting the yellow patches confused between an hourglass pattern and the one I was using, the pinwheel.


The rest of the card is a CASE'd from Elaine as I loved her simple layout and the details she added were perfect. I managed to find a matching flower and finished it up with some chippies from Make it Crafty. Hope you like the card and Happy Birthday Mom!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card ! love your coloring, it's superb
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilter, she is awesome!!! hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.