Wednesday, October 26, 2011

12 Days of Halloween

I'm excited to show four more projects for the 12 Days of Halloween at Simply Betty Stamps. The ultimate prize, if you enter all 12 days, is a chance at a DT spot for 2012! After mulling it over... I decided to go for it! :D So here are four days, plus the one from yesterday, leaves me seven more days to work on - I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

On the third day of Halloween
My true love gave to me...
Three black cats

I needed a couple cards for school this week so that's what I focused my efforts on. Each of them uses paper that I had stashed from last year which is Matilda from Cosmo Cricket. Where are the three cats? Two of the cats are from a die cut so I put one in the background and one on top of a jack-o-lantern; the third cat, of course, is Lynx.


The image is Lynx & London from Simply Betty Stamps and I used Filigree Jewels chippies from Make it Crafty. I had colored Lynx yesterday as a black cat so today I wanted to give him some color and went for a Siamese look in tribute to my college feline friend. I'm submitting this card into the Third Day of Halloween challenge.



On the fourth day of Halloween
My true love gave to me...
Four skeletons

On this next card I have a cork sheet for the center and cut it out with my diecuts. Then I stamped four skulls on it with images from Inkadinkado, however, you can only see three of them in the end - so it was a good thing that the image had one which makes the fourth.


The spiderwebs are also from Inkadinkado and instead of using chippies in the corners I stamped two of them in black. The main image is Mad Scientist Christian from Simply Betty Stamps and is actually a school themed image! I'm submitting this one into the Fourth Day of Halloween challenge.



My true love gave to me...
Seven pumpkins glowing

This one turned out to be my favorite out of the set and actually started out being my least favorite, go figure. The challenge is seven pumpkins and I'm sure if you count the half pumpkin images in the decorative paper then I have more than enough. LOL However, there are six mostly complete ones that are visable and the felt pumpkin embellishment makes the seventh - as I count them.


I used Ali & Snuggles from Simply Betty Stamps and corner chippes in Love Heart Swirls from Make it Crafty with gems on them. I also dug out my punchinella ribbon (can't remember how to spell it) and added a strip to break up the busy decorative paper. Finially I used my marker to draw a dashed line on the white and assembled it all together. I'm submitting this one into the Seventh Day of Halloween challenge.



My true love gave to me...
Nine ghosts a-booing

This last card has plenty of ghosts to count but I couldn't resist drawing one more in the image as well. I used a ghost on the paper as a guide and thought it would be fun to have it coming out of the pile of leaves. Since the leaves were already haunted at this point, I also added a few eyes burried in the pile - oh, what a surprise Oscar will be getting! LOL


The main image is Oscar Pile of Leaves from Simply Betty Stamps and I used chippies from Fancy Ribbon Slider and Filigree Borders from Make it Crafty (covered with silver acrylic paint). I had fun coloring this image and ended up coloring from edge to edge! This is the last one and will be entered into the Ninth Day of Halloween challenge. Hope you liked them and got some ideas to inspire you with. ;D


Update: I'm the 2012 DT winner of the 12 Days of Halloween at Simply Betty Stamps!

4 comments:

  1. STUNNING!!! Love them all! As always some magical coloring going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are just great, wonderful job. And I love the Leaf Pile Oscar one, really caught my eye. -Aeryn SBS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Have you been busy! Love all of them :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. busy girl! these are all fabulous!! Thanks for playing with us during the 12 Days of Halloween at Simply Betty Stamps!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.