Saturday, October 29, 2011

12 Days of Halloween

Get ready for some more 12 Days of Halloween projects as I've got three more for you today! I worked on day five, ten and twelve which means I only have three more days left to finish for the ultimate prize. Whoohoo! For each of my projects I'm still using the same paper - Matilda from Cosmo Cricket.

On the fifth day of Halloween
My true love gave to me...
Five scary spooks!

Incorporating spooks in this project was an easy task - along with the main image, Freddie Kruger Boy from Simply Betty Stamps; I used a tombstone in Epitaphs, spiderweb and skull, all from Inkadinkado, and the fifth element is the scared kitty charm.


I've enjoyed using these tombstones today, and as far as sentiments go, they strike a chord in my funny bone. :D This one in particular says "The grass isn't greener on the 'under' side." As I was coloring Freddie, it was intriguing to discover little bits of details - for example, it took me a while to figure out hes belt was a personal knife sharpener complete with side pockets for more knives - well, at least that's how I colored it. He he!



On the tenth day of Halloween
My true love gave to me...
Ten ghouls a-groaning

This one was a little more challenging to figure out how to fit ten ghouls onto a card but after some creative thinking and stretching of definitions, here's how I counted them up... five are under the tombstones, both bats, the girl and yes, the crow AND spider!


On this card I used Miss Betty Burton Chibi from Simply Betty Stamp and I colored a few feature with the Atou Spica glitter pen. (Don't we all wish glitter showed up better in the photograpsh!) I also used more tombstones (Epitaphs from Inkadinkado). These ones say "It was a bad day," "Holy smokes it's hot down here," "Poor rover rolled over," "Does anyone have a shovel," and my favorite "dying to be here."



On the twelfth day of Halloween
My true love gave to me...
Twelve bats a-flying

One bonus about these challenges is that I'm trying to use every Simply Betty Stamp that I have so I can officially declare them inked up! As a result, I've had to get a little creative with a few of my projects as I try to incorporate non-traditional Halloween images... this one included. This is Lilly Pie and to fit the them I have a baker's dozen of bats that have burst out of that fresh hot pie!


This image was really fun to color and her hair really was a puzzle at first - however, I loved how it turned out to look like a ponytail - gosh I wish my hair was that thick! In this project, and the one before, the "moons" are really blank Halloween labels from Martha Stewert that I colored using T0, T1 and T3.


That's all for today and hope you enjoyed them! :D Tomorrow is a busy Saturday but I hope to get a few more projects done - we'll see. LOL

Update: I'm the 2012 DT winner of the 12 Days of Halloween at Simply Betty Stamps!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards!
    I especially love the one with the bats flying out of the pie. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful cards! Love them! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to visit your blog today, it's been too long! I loved everyone of your creations (: Your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.