Friday, October 14, 2011

Bobo Petal Sprite

Welcome to another great challenge at Make it Colourful where our theme this time around is "Coloring Snow!" However, first thing is first, the winner of my Blog Candy. Thank you everyone who participated, left comments and hopped with us. ;D

The random winner of my Blog Candy is ...

#40 Mary Lou of Mary Lou's Corner

Congratulations Mary Lou!! Contact me with your name, email and mailing address and I'll get the package sent off to and on its way!


My project is another coloring sample for our challenge at Make it Colourful and our challenge was to color snow. Don't worry - I plan to put this on a journal page and show it off next week. For the snow I used the Neutral tones for the majority of it but around lamp post I used Y23 and Y21 for a glow. However, mixed up the glow in the lamp post and should have reversed the dark and light parts - but that's no biggie.


The trees were a little tricky but I started with the darkest color and tried to leave plenty of uncolored portions for the snow. I also went in with a white Gel pen afterwards for touchups and snowflakes too.

The main character is Bobo Petal Sprite from Make it Crafty and I used several of the new winter elements that were just released... Festive Elements, Winter Objects and Winter Scene Elements. Even though I was coloring a winter scene I still wanted a lot of color and I liked how it turned out. However, after looking at the other DT sample I think I'm going to add some more color and maybe some blue in the snow as well. ;D

6 comments:

  1. Extremely amazing to me Barbara!!! Love the detail upon detail that you always seem to capture :) This is such a wondrous winter scene!! Thanks for inspiration and also thanks for goodies~~~Sooo excited to get these!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW... I see nothing to change! Your scene is totally amazing!!! This is so beautiful, Barbara, and your colouring is just jaw dropping!!!! I love everything about your image and I don't know what they are, but I love the colours of your sky too, gorgeous! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is beautiful!! I love the scene and how the blue sky's really make the snow pop. Gorgeous coloring job Barbara! So many wonderful things to look at and drool over. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scene you've created is super amazing Barbara! Putting the light cast into the picture---WOW! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Pinch me! Is it real?
    Gush Barbara can I borrow your wonderful skills =D

    As always each of your work is a little bit of art.

    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow Barbara, this is awesome, absolutely stunning shading. I love the shadows in the snow

    Gorgeous!!!
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.