Friday, October 28, 2011

Drew & Angelica

It's the start of another challenge at Make it Colourful and this time the theme is "Coloring Texture!" The basic idea is to stay away from all the smooth blending and rough if up. My main textures can be found in the brick and a little in the sidewalk and wall. However, others on the team say there is a lot more than that. ;D


For my project I used Drew and Angelica from Simply Betty Stamps and created a scene for them to go trick-or-treating in using Urban Objects and Urban Street elements from Make it Crafty. The chippies I used were Fine Swirls and a medallion from Filigree Jewels with sticker added in the center which was stolen from my daughter's project today! LOL


I'm also entering this into the following challenges:

Flutter By Wednesday Challenge #177 - Halloween colors
Simply Betty Stamps 2nd Day of Halloween - Two Trick-or-Treaters
Lollipop Crafts Challenge #54 - Embellishments


Here's a closeup of the colored image that I scanned in before doing anything with it. I can never get the colors to match up in my photos so the scans are sometimes a great alternative. I had colored the image as normal then went back in with some Warm grays to add more depth - I really liked how it turned out when compared to an earlier version. Lastly the white was added on Drew with acrylic paint and a brush to help her costume get a shiny look.


Update: I'm the 2012 DT winner of the 12 Days of Halloween at Simply Betty Stamps!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous Barbara. Your colouring is amazing!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic coloring, and such a cool image! Just a georgeus creation. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Love your colouring!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is WONDERFUL! Love, love, LOVE! Hang it up on the wall!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT card!!! I love it!!! I love Angelica, but thats because my real name is AngeliKa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wicked! LOL! Great creation! thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Creation! I love your colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at
    Lollipop Crafts.
    Good Luck!
    -Sony
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just amazing. I love it.

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWEsome card Barbara! Love the elements and your coloring is amazing! A fun scene! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This a really fun card!! There is so much detail and the colouring is great....love the embelishments too

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.