Monday, October 3, 2011

Julliette

I've actually had this page done for ages and was saving it for later in case it "fit" into a challenge - the only thing was, all of the challenges at Make it Colourful have been more complex than a "simple" image! LOL But this serves as a great reminder for other things going on and I'm finally going to share Julliette with you!


For my project I used Julliette and Victorian Chaise by Make it Crafty and believe it or not, I've colored them separately then cute each out and poped them on the page with dimensional foam inbetween each layer. To help redefine the lines after cutting, I took my Copic Multiliner brush marker out and went around the edges in black.


I was working on my technique of shadows in all those folds of her dress and ruffles and this might not have been the perfect image to start on - but it gave me plenty of chances to experiment with! I like how some areas turned out better than other and in the end I felt more comfortable with this look.


The journal page was decorated with some new black paper I found plus scraps of script, calendar and musch sheet decorative papers. I wanted to stay away from laces and ribbons and keep the focus on the eligant dress - so I used a piece of film strip for the horizontal element and the embelishments were kept plain in color but fancy for the theme.


I can't image what walking around in all those layers of cloth would be like but I would sure love to have curlylocks like her. ;D Here's a close up of her face and torso.


Don't forget about the Make it Colourful Christmas-Birthday Blog Hop HERE - where EVERYONE on the hop is giving away something and there is an adorable Make it Crafty freebie that you don't want to miss out on! You can also check out my Blog Candy HERE! You have until October 12th to make your cards and complete the hop.

I'd like to enter into the following challenges:

Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays - anything but a card
Just for Fun - anything but a card
Allsorts Challenge #123 - five flowers (metal)
She's Gone Digital Art Journal Linking Party - anything
Creatalicious Challenge #26- anything goes

10 comments:

  1. Barbara, can I borrow some of your mojo - mines hiding, so much so I actually did the ironing!!

    Fabulous work, as always!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara she is beautiful! You did a great job on the shading of all the folds in her dress - wow :) Thanks for entering into my link party too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness she is fabulous, but I'm afraid that at just for fun we request no cute. Sorry XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! Your coloring is just out of this world good!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring of Juliette is breathtaking!!! I love your page! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, this journal page is absolutely gorgeous. You have coloured her so well. It would not have been an image I chose to practice my shadows. You have done a fantastic job on all those ruffles and folds. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous journal! Wow! Look at all those beautiful layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! What a great job! Thanks for sharing this with us at SSDS! Hope to see you around again!
    Tammy, DT
    http://ttscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! What a great job! Thanks for sharing this with us at SSDS! Hope to see you around again!
    Tammy, DT
    http://ttscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant project Barbara! Thank you so much for entering it in my flower challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.