Saturday, December 17, 2011

Betty Sally

I wanted to jump in with a little "12 Days of Scary Christmas" action from Simply B Stamps and Day Seven's theme is coffins! I had found this wood coffin on clearance around Halloween time and knew I would be needing it for this very purpose. ;D The best thing about waiting so long to use it... ready?... the batteries in the annoying box are depleted. Yeah!


I first painted the box with black acrylic paint and I think I would have spent the extra time adding a finishing coating of some kind if I knew nothing would stick to it! But I was lucky enough to find some glue that worked and had to glue even the stickers down. So much for their sticky-ness. LOL


For my project I used Teen Scene Betty Sally from Simply B Stamps and recycled plastic from a packaging to get her to pop up when the coffin is open. Same thing with the ghosts in the background too. Sadly to say, the chocolate has all been eaten... I discovered the wrappers after coming back into my craft room with a very happy little girl too!

3 comments:

  1. Love this, it looks like it came straight out of a Tim Burton movie!! Beautiful coloring as always!
    Hugs,
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome creation here BArbara, really cool and sooo fun. And as always your coloring is so awesome too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.