Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Floppy

Happy Holidays! I went crazy the other night and assembled about a dozen quick cards using precolored images I had piled up on my desk. It was nice to get them done and since all of them are of a Christmas/Winter theme, I thought I'd start showing them off randomly throughout the week. Of course, I'll save some for after Christmas too... after all, the snow will stay in the northern hemisphere for a couple more months!


This card uses Floppy which is one of the Christmas Elves from Make it Crafty (available in rubber and digi). He was also the first one I colored out of the collection so I thought it was fitting to have him lead the way. ;D I also used some snowflake chippies from Make it Crafty and couldn't resist tossing in some gems too.


All of the elves were colored with the same color scheme which were taken from this winter paper, I think it's Wintertime by Echo Park. I loved the mixture of Christmas colors with winter colors - the splash of red really made it fun to use. Hope you enjoy it and Happy Holidays!

Update: Here are the Copic colors I used:

Whites - C3, C1, 0
Silver - C7, C5, C3, C1
Browns - E29, E27, E25, E23 and (E21 or E11)
Reds - R59, R37, R27, R24, R14, R12
Blues - B99, B97, B95, B93, B91
Turquoise - BG02, BG01, BG001
Skin Tones - E53, E21, E00, E000

6 comments:

  1. fab card Barbara!
    i love your coloring of this little elve. the fur of hat is just amazing!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. I love all those elves, but I think this one, the way YOU did him, is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Barb - Do you know what colours you used to colour Floppy? I've had someone ask me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure, but pretty close. :D Here's the list:

      Whites - C3, C1, 0
      Silver - C7, C5, C3, C1
      Browns - E29, E27, E25, E23 and (E21 or E11)
      Reds - R59, R37, R27, R24, R14, R12
      Blues - B99, B97, B95, B93, B91
      Turquoise - BG02, BG01, BG001
      Skin Tones - E53, E21, E00, E000

      Delete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.