Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hamlet

This is Hamlet from Simply B Stamps and I made this card for the 12 Day of Scary Christmas challenge ... which I'm a little slow on as a DT member! However, I still wanted to make a card to finish off the round. ;D As a participant in the challenge you have until December 30 to get your projects in and the theme is anything goes, anything melding Christmas and Halloween, that is.


For some reason, this image spoke to me and said... I'm the perfect Halloween/Christmas meld, pick me! So I did. LOL I colored his vest in red and white stripes to resemble candy canes, gave him a red cape, then used a lot of green embellishments on the card. The candle skull is the perfect amount of creepy-ness to make you look twice - that and the skull in the background too.


I used my Mom's flourish metal die and that fun packaging tape with the skulls on it to create the background. Then I had to use some print decorative paper because it's Hamlet after all - just wish I had hamlet print decorative paper - that would be awesome. I then carried some of the red off the image onto the card with the flowers and added a few pearls for a finishing touch. Hope you like it and be sure to come joing the challenge this week too. ;D

3 comments:

  1. this is great ! lovely colors, great coloring
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm kind of new to the craft world and I'm trying to get my bearings on a few things I've been seeing! I want to get into stamping and I was wondering how you get the image to have the white border around it? Thanks for all of your help!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.