Thursday, December 8, 2011

Summer Monkey

Welcome to another challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps and this time our theme is Buttons & Ribbon. I took this opportunity to create a boys card as I am plum out of those! I've seen meters on other blogs that count down how many holiday cards have been met and I should find one and use it for by cards... so this would be one down and only 24 more to go!! Not bad... that would be two a month.


For my card I used Summer Monkey from Little Miss Muffet Stamps. Then for the ribbon I used some burlap ribbon I had in the cupboard and lastly the buttons are a mixture of buttons and brads made out of corduroy; both are great for adding texture to the card. The rest of the card was kept simple and I was lucky to find some colorful, yet suitable, decorative paper for the theme. Thanks for stopping by. ;D


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Make it Monday Linking Party #66 - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations Challenge #54 - One for the Lads
Inky Impressions Challenge #36 - Use Ribbon
The Ribbon Reel Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Victorine Stamps Challenge #22 - Use Ribbon

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the bright colours and the sweet monkey! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corduroy buttons = perfect boy card embellishments! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, love the textured buttons and burlap. You used my faves, bright and cheery colours. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Barbara! I love the bright colours and that train paper is so cool! Fab corduroy buttons too!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely, such bright colours just perfect for a kids card. Thanks for playing along at Lexis creations. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaahhh Barbara, i love this gorgeous card, love those bright colors and you fab coloring as usual
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one gorgeous card, love the bold colours,the raffia ribbon is the perfect touch, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally adorable! I simply love the details and your coloring skill on this! Too cute! Thank you for playing along with Inky Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie! Love your monkey :O) Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love those buttons and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The backing paper is excellent for this card, and you image is just soooh cute!!
    Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

    Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



    Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
    them on Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. I love the image and bright colours. I saw your link over at MIM.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.