Sunday, January 22, 2012

Guitar Marci & Luka

The challenge right now at Make it Crafty is to color blades of grass and there is several ways this can be done! This is one of my projects I've had saved up with shows short blades of grass. I used a few different colors of green and just flicked up with the brush tip. It also helps to have some of the blades of grass color over the bottom part of the image.


It's not very often that I have the colors written down anymore, but I do for this project...
Copic Colors: E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, C1, C2, C3, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, B41, W0, W2, W3, W4, W6, W8, E555, E57, E59, E31, E35, E37, E04, E00, E11, E21, R12, R14, YG61, YG63, YG67, G99, R59, R46, R37, R17, R14, R21, YR18, YR14, YR21, Y32


The images I used are Mod Marci, Suitcase Set, and Lil' Rocker Luka all from La-La Land Crafts. I recently purchased each of these in digi form and assembled this scene together. Here's a close up of Marci and Luka.


Both faces were shaded in giving them colored eyes and even eyeglasses on Luka. The first thing I did was leave the area white like most people do already when they color LLLC images. Then I shaded in the eyelid going from tip to tip of the black curved line. After that I added the color around the eye and finally came back in with a white gel pen for some highlights.


I also shaded in Luka's glasses by using a darker color green for the shadow areas first then working my way into the lighter colors. Luka's guitar was done the same way too ... starting with the flames, going from red to yellow then finally comeing back in and coloring the black. Perhaps I'll get a chance to play around with more grass techniques before the challenge is over. We'll see! :D

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful !! I love the faces !!



    So glad I didn't buy these in digi when I was going too or I'd have lost them, had around 100 digi's not yet saved to disc, bah, my own fault for "I'll do it tomorrow"


    Aj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab post card!
    amazing idea for coloring. i've upload my card at mic... for blades of grass. hope it's correct
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of this world great Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is WOW!! the faces are a piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is WOW!! the faces are a piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job Barbara..Love the colors that you chose on everything......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job Barbara..Love the colors that you chose on everything......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.