Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pirate Luka

Each month as I go through my stack of cards, I never seem to have enough boy cards - I'm always using my last one! However, as long as there is one last one to grab then I'm all set. LOL So to add to my box, here's a fun boy card that I created with Pirate Luka from La-La Land Crafts and background images from Make it Crafty, Lonely Island. LLLC has a sale going on now and I was able to purchase a few favorites.


I chose to go with a monochromatic look and used each of the four shades of gray in the Copic range. (C0-C8, N0-N8, T0-T8 and W0-W8) I think it gives it an interesting effect and I liked how each of the elements could be featured/highlighted separately.



I shaded Luka's face with Copic markers giving difinition to his nose and eyes. Then with a white gel pen I added some highlights back in. It was actually easier that it looks and only a step or two more than how some already color the faces. Just shade in the eyelid first and then add color around the eye for the iris.


Here's a close up of the background, Lonely Island from Make it Craft, and I extended the water to the edges of my paper. The rest of the card was put together with some ribbon, Dew Drops, chippies and a ticket diecut tag from Whimsy. "Hope ye enjoyed de carrrd!" ;D

1 comment:

  1. wowwww
    love it
    only the sentiment dont match...i think so
    love the eyes

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.