Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Grow

Surprise... two posts today!! Don't miss out on my Halloween project HERE, or scroll down, then check out this fabulous teacher project. :D You might have remembered this project from before but it's slightly different and features another cute Nouveau Girl! I made this project for an inspiration post over on the Some Odd Girls blog. Come on over to take a look and I hope you like it!


For this project I used Grow from where?.. you know where, from Some Odd Girl, of course! :D I love that it comes with the extra images and sentiments which I used all over.


I thought this image was perfect because of the apples but I sometimes wonder if teachers get tired of apples. LOL But I colored it yellow, maybe a Golden Delicious, to not make it so obvious. The papers I used is from last year and it always feels good to use up the old stash - at least it justifies buying more!


The frame is a simple plastic picture frame from Walmart and about the size of 4x6". This project fits nicely inside and then I placed a 3x3" sticky pad on the front plastic side. Then when all the sticky notes are gone, it reveals the hidden message "Grow Everyday."


Here's what the frame looks like on the side and as you can see would sit nicely on a desk. They're super easy to make and I think I'll do it again for Christmas too! Thanks for coming back! :D

9 comments:

  1. wow she is gorgeous...I love how you colored her skin and her hair...this image is so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superio! It's so cool! Bad that we haven't it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Barbara, great fresh colours and a cut image. Hugs ,Frea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must get some of these. They make great gifts! Just loving it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project, what a great gift idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER FABBY IDEA!! So ingenious!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the ethnic skin tones you've created! looks amazing

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. utterly GORJE skin, and what a FUN idea for a gift! i love the altered frame idea, and the fact that you can just re-use this one over and over again with new sticky pads is brill! now i'm going to wander around your blog and drool a bit more. :) happy weekend, Barbara! xo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.