Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lavinia Portrait

It's time for another 12 Months of Halloween challenge at Simply B Stamps! This month our theme is to create any hand made Halloween treat bag, trick-or-treat bag, cupcake holder, or anything Halloween that would hold any special treats! I ended up getting out my long forgotten Cricut machine and cutting out a treat box which worked out perfectly.


The top part of the box features Lavinia Portrait from the Steampunk Line at Simply B Stamps. I placed it inside a Martha Stewart label then added some gems. The ribbon is lopped around and glued under it for a handle.


Around the outside of the box I cut out small 2x2 inch squares of scene of Haunting Hill Jumbo Wheel from Stampin' Up! The whole scene is probably 7 to 8 inches wide so I was pretty much able to get four unique scenes punched out. I loved how simple the box came together and I got to do a lot of coloring. ;D


Thanks for stopping by and make sure you get to make it over to the SBS Blog to see the rest of the inspiration from Challenge #2! :D

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

The Haunted Design House Macabre Monday #122 - Which Witch Are you?
(I'm the shy one with the hidden surprise inside. LOL)


Update: I'm a Gruesome Twosome at Haunted Design House for this project!

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous as always Bam Bam! Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoi barbara
    een geweldig mooie box en erg leuk in deze kleuren!
    groetjes van corry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is SO cool! I love that you had such a fabulous scene to add to the sides. That orange web is great. Don't you love being able to break out tools that you haven't used in a while? Fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Barbara this is amazing!Cool idea for the box I love how the image wraps around...and coloured so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh My Barbara, so fun and wonderfull project! love the dies behind image ! amazing coloring as usual
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Barbara,stunning creation!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing ..love the colors

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, you got me....Great job coloring and I love the box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so amazing, I literally fell out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is spectacular. Love it and love how you coloured it bright, brilliant. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzers, this is another great idea, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous creation Barbara - love how you coloured that head shot and the side panels - all are amazing. One beautiful project :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Her hair color is just beautiful! The box is fabulous...a total labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are one of my coloring and crafting heroes Barbara.
    This project is wonderful! Gorgeous image and that box turned out amazing! I forget I have those SU wheels! Never get to use those much - guess I should put them out where I can see them.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Haunted Design House.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful and very inventive.EE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab project - love the spiders web frame it's ace! xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.