Sunday, February 5, 2012

Party Lola

Welcome back to the second day of previews for Simply B Stamps! Today we're bringing you inspiration featuring Party Lola!! All of the images are so much fun in this release but I think this is one of my favorites. Make sure you visit the SBS Blog for the more inspiration and ideas on how to color her.


This project didn't start out this way and I was planning on creating a birthday tag. However, I was so inspired by how Cleota and Rimna did their cards with the background that I totally forgot about my plan and had to make a card instead. On one of her cards she used several colors and dotted around with different size circles. I love how it looked and thought it would be perfect for a birthday themed image.


I love Party Lola's plaid skirt which reminded me of a Scottish clan tartan. Then I had to give her red hair - I don't know why, but tartans and red hair just fit in my mind. The card came together easily enough and will hopefully cheer up someone on their special day. That's about all folks and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Wat een prachtige creatie.
    Groetjes Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Barbara. Absolute love your colouring and the little details. Super image :)

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. However did you get the balloons to be so beautifully transparent? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, your card is adorable! I love her red hair! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Barbara! Love your colors, and the plaid is perfectly done!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring skills are just beyond amazing! I love how you did the balloons! What a wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh cool! Your balloons look amazing. now I see what I did wrong on mine. Love the plaid effect on her skirt. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is gorgeous...lovely coloring..

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.