Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Princess Rio

It's a Birthday Blog Hop today and we're saying Happy Birthday to our very special Rio!! To celebrate, the Simply B Stamps DT have come together and used the new release Princess Rio to inspire you along the way. :D So sit back, enjoy and sing along with us as we wish her a very Happy Birthday!!

You should have arrived here from the tallented ALISON!

Also, make sure you visit the SBS Blog as there will be SEVEN lucky winners who comment on that post to win one stamp from the new Teen Scene line that we're previewing this week! How cool is that!


On my card I used Everyday Flair designer paper from My Minds Eye and used those colors for Princess Rio. Then I went back in and added some black dots to the presents and white highlights in her hair. She's the perfect image for any birthday girl and such fun to color. ;D


My daughter has swiped my camera earlier today and it took forever to find it! She has some crazy hiding spots including one for herself in the kitchen cabinets. The other day I found a whole stash of toys under there. LOL I remember my own special hiding space and how it got smaller and smaller as I grew up... but the best part was, my brothers never found it so it was a perfect getaway. ;D


The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! and is in French, which translated says: "Isn't that wonderful? Happy Birthday. Make a wish. How old are you? And that's not all. Eat cake! Blow out the candles."

Your next stop on the hop is the awesome BETTY!

Thanks for stopping by and joining us in our fun. Happy 14th Birthday Rio! :D

35 comments:

  1. Kids, you've got to love them! My sister used to do that with door keys - and had some ingenius hiding places!! Hope you find the camera soon.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card. I am so glad you found your camera! Happy Birthday Rio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this is so sweet... I love her cute smile and the fab paper and layout. It is adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card Barbara, Rio is one lucky girl!
    Trudie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I am curious.... where was your hiding spot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and girly card. Love the stars and birthday hat. The polka dots on the present are wonderful!!! Love your story and shared memories. Reminded me of some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card!! I'm such a francophile, put on a French sentiment and I'm guaranteed to love it. Plus, having that super adorable image doesn't hurt! =D Lovely coloring.

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Barbara. Fabulous image and your colouring is as always stunning. Fab papers.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing. Everything about this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous !! Your coloring is just perfect as always!! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! I love the way you colored Rio, and the colors that you used. It's a delightfully happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Barbara! I love the colors you chose so bright, just like Rio!

    Thank you!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card...great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it(:
    Thank you so much Barbara(:
    Rio

    ReplyDelete
  16. This image is just great! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the stars and DP you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love love love this card

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card Barbara, gorgeous colours and colouring
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous coloring as always Barbara!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic Card! I really like the colors you chose!! Great Job!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina
    http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card and I love the image. My niece hides the remote and no one can find it but her!!

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute card and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh she's so much fun! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great card. I love that image. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful card. Awesome coloring and I love the colors that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Barbara, your card is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really great backgrounds & coloring

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute card! Using that sentiment really made it special!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Barbara... You have done a wonderful job on this gorgeous image! Wow! Hugs and Have a wonderful day! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the color palette and your image coloring. Such a great stamp. Olivia

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.