Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sweetheart Marci

It's almost right smack in the middle of February and I thought I best be showing some Valentine projects! Here's one I've had finished for a while which was originally for a flower power challenge, hence all the flowers. This project uses Sweetheart Marci Digi Scene from La-La Land Crafts which is one of the ones I purchased back in January. Check it out...


I think if I was to do it again, I'd remove all the flowers. Most of my projects are sans-flowers so I guess it's good to create outside of my comfort zone once in a while. :D I also added the white lace and used a Tim Holtz die for the clock face in the background. Here's a closeup of the details of Marci...


I love coloring their faces with the extra details which really brings out a 3D look. On this project I also brought out the white gel pen and added extra details to the hearts. My own daughter is in this phase and lately has been cutting hearts galore every day after school! Scalloped ones, big ones, small ones, hearts within hearts, reds, pinks, purples - you name it... she's been cutting it! I think when Valentines finally hits she'll have enough to give all her classmates two or three each! LOL


A huge thanks to Sandie, I have saved the colors I used on this project to share. (Long story, but she actually helped me save the colors on all my LLL projects!)

Copic Colors: T0, T1, T2, T3, T4, T6, T8, E55, E57, E59, E04, E000, E00, E21, E53, R11, R12, E50, E51, E53, YG61, YG63, YG67, R81, R83, R85, R21, R14, R17, R37, R46, R59, BV11, BV13, BV17


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Card Crafter's Circle Challenge #9 - Valentines Love Hearts
Card Makin' Mama Challenge #38 - Valentines
Crafty Ann's Challenge #58 - Love is in the Air
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #119 - Valentines
Delicious Doodles Challenge #12 - All loved up
Prairie Fairy Fridays Challenge #72 - Let me call you sweetheart
Fairy Tale Challenge #34 - Love, love, love
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #56 - With all my heart
Pattie's Creation Design Challenge #37 - Valentines and Love
Glitter Geeks Challenges Week #6 - To the one I love

Update: I was in the Top 3 at Glitter Geeks for this challenge!

29 comments:

  1. This is adorable Barbara, I've found the addition of white pen works wonders.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning colors beautifully, a very nice card.
    Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
    * *Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing coloring and shading! Adorable card too. So glad you joined us for the Valentines and Love challenge at Pattie's Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing creation! I adore your colouring, layout, in fact everything! Its fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and perfect for our challenge at Pattie’s Creations. Your coloring is superb!

    Thanks for joining us!
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card. I love that image and the cherry blossoms. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfull project! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you colored her little nose!! Beautiful creation as always, despite the flowers ;) only joking, the flowers look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playing in our 'Valentine's & Love' Challenge #37, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally in awe...that skin looks real..wow! I am not just saying the skin looks great...it all is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The details on little Marci's face are fantastic. Your colouring is fantastic. A wonderful little card. Thank you for entering it in this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card and your colouring is wonderful - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card - your colouring is superb.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The face is so detailed.. I would love to see a video of you coloring so all of us can learn in awe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colouring is amazing, what a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! fab colouring too!!Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week!Nelly x

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card,thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful details in your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Marci looks so different with the addition of the features! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for playing with the card makin mamas for Valentines

    ReplyDelete
  21. wouah the coloring is amazing!!! Very great job with this take
    Thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute image!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pattie's Creations!!

    ~Melody
    DT member Pattie's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, completely amazing card and fabulous colouring. Thanks for playing along with us over at Delicious Doodles.
    Good luck.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your image is fantastic. Beautiful face! I love your creation.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really pretty creation hun!
    Thanks for playing with the Delicious Doodles Challenge this time, and good luck with the draw.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Barbara,
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Crafter’s Circle this week. This little sweetheart is fabulous and I like how you colour in,really beautiful card!!!!! I hope to see you again next week for our latest challenge.Her cheeks are just perfect!!!
    Trish Munro
    http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
    Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your colouring is amazing! Love all the details too.

    Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wowzers! Yes the extra coloring details def. paid off! What a spectacularily cute creation. I too am a 'sans flower' girl, so when I add them it's like ....mmmm....meh!?>! LOL Thanks for joining us at FFF this week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.