Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wishes

Welcome back! It's day two of the Nouveau Girl release!! Today we are back with another beauty and this time she's mysterious and dainty - Wishes! The adorable fairy comes with two sentiments and a small star burst stamp - perfect for celebrations, scrapbooks and more! For added sparkle to my fairy, I added glitter pen details all over including her hair, wings and the light bulb. Come check out the Some Odd Girl blog for more inspiration and a chance to win a prize!


On my project I used Wishes and also Electric Love, both are clear stamps from Some Odd Girl. The paper I used is Darling Dear by My Minds Eye and also what I grabbed the color combination from. There is a little bit of kraft paper and I even used some of the sticky notepad paper to carry the color theme around. And because my handwriting sucks, I used a sentiment stamp from The Greeting Farm as a message to the teacher.


Do you notice anything about my coloring? This is one of the great benefits with using real rubber stamps versus a digi!! I can choose the type of paper I used and of course I'm going to grab something that I can blend and blend and blend on! LOL So I get smother colors and shadows and better blending. So... can you tell a difference or am I just enjoying it more?!


This was actually suppose to be a Valentine project for one of my daughter's teachers... however I'm a big late on that. So I changed the theme to everyday and got to use some of the new paper I found last weekend. The idea was from my sister - who is also a teach and a great source for teacher gift ideas! It's just a simple picture frame from Walmart with a sticky pad on the front. (See that store is good for something! LOL) When they run out of paper they can simply stick another Post-it pad and start all over.


Here's what the project looks like before it was put in the plastic frame. I included one of the sentiments that came with the stamp as a little surprise at the end of the paper. :D It was super easy to make and a lot of fun too - now I just have to make at least one more!

12 comments:

  1. how sweet and cute this is...love the colors

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, you always WOW me. Your colouring is just stunning!
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun fun idea and I so love this new image...very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowww love the coloring, great face

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Barbara, brilliant card, love that image and great colour combo. Very curious as to what paper you coloured on. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! So beautiful, love her hair! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a super cool project! I love it for an awesome teacher present! Neat to see the bulb get some extra life on your project too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extra life is a pun on long lasting bulbs btw. Bc I was a cool pairing. That sounded weird after I left it lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image, love the sparkle you added! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow such amazing colouring...saw your card over at the Some Odd Girl blog and had to come over for a closer look. What copic colours did you use on her hair? Thanks so much for sharing! I am now your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Alyce! I think on the hair I used E79, E59, E55 and E35 for the browns then BG49, BG18, BG13, BG11 and BG10 for the turquoise. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's a beauty, and i love how you colored her, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.