Friday, March 30, 2012

Mother & Baby Fairy

Are you ready for the next challenge at Make it Colourful? It's all about movement and there are already some fantastic samples in the gallery to show off - especially Ruby! Make sure you check them all out. :D But don't get discouraged, because there have been so many ways to show movement that I'm sure one will suit your creativity.


For my project I used Mother and Baby Fairy by Make it Crafty and also added a few Mini Dragonfly chippies in the scene. I wanted to try showing movement in the Mother's wings, however, I'm not sure how it worked out. I colored the wings in a set of two and offset them a bit from the actual line art. I'm not sure if the color is too dark or the wings are too large but it kind of works and kinda doesn't. LOL


I also colored the left offset wing in more of a green and the right offset wing in more of a blue. For the background I wanted to try coloring a blurry scene as if it was full of foliage that was too far in the distance to be in focus. But again, I'm not sure it turned out to my liking. It was a good try and as a last resort, I threw in some crazy brush strokes to distract you from the real mess in the background.


But the best part about the project is the adorable little baby sleeping on the flower - I mean, who wouldn't love coloring that sweet pea?! My daughters love to curl up like that and they look so snugly! :D


Speaking of which, here's a project my oldest daughter make the other day. She loves to use my Copic markers and begs me every chance she gets so we often color side by side - elbow to elbow more like it - as we share the desk with the markers on it. I love the crazy color combinations she comes up wth!


For her project, she used Zippy from Make it Crafty and Frienship Ticket Sentiments and ticket die from Whimsy. (She also likes to use tape instead of glue - can't believe it!)

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend planned with lots of creativity!

8 comments:

  1. WOW Barbara!! WOW! This is just so beautiful I could stare at it all day!! Your colouring is amazing and her wings turned out really great. Don't know how I missed this image over at MIC...must go check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness Barbara - this is A-MA-ZING. Your colouring is truely inspirational - just lovely. And I love your daughter's card too. Having a 6 year old who loves to colour with mum's best markers myself I know all about wonderful colour combinations :). But I do feel a tape shortage soming soon in your case lol.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colours used, and of course, your colouring!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Barbara! I love the images and composition and your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your card is beautiful!!
    Your DD did a terrific job as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara
    your card is AMAZING !!!! so wonderful idea with the movment of wings ! i looooove
    gorgeous card from your daughter
    hus
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Barbara. love the image and the little baby sleeping in the flower is beautiful.Fabulous colouring, her wings are lovely..Great card by your daughter too, my G/son did the same thing with cellotape yesterday...lol..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is beautiful Barbara, a lovely image and loving all the gorgeous colouring too :) Your daughter's card is great, she has her Mother's talent!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.