Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sugar 'n Spice Sentiment

It's an inspiration day at Little Miss Muffet Stamps and that means the design team got to create anything they wanted! You should head on over there and see what they've made - it's fantastic! :D But wait, before you go, I have three projects to show ... check them out!


My first project uses one of the Sugar 'n Spice Sentiments from Little Miss Muffet Stamps which was released last week. It was a fun way to say "sugar and spice plus nice" equals everything nice, of course! I chose a pink and dark brown color scheme, which is my favorite, and added a rose ribbon and some Make it Crafty chippies with pearls.


The other project I have is one that has been in the making for over a year! I bought an ornament on clearance in 2010 knowing I could so something with it but it took me all the way until now to do so. LOL I had cut open the box and moved aside the purse to place one of the hatter girls in there...


This is Wilma Kay Hatter and she fit perfectly inside! I popped her in with tons of dimentionsals and then sealed up the box - finished and a quick project too. Love it when that happens. Now I have my Christmas ornament for this year and will probably add a date to the back.


The last project I have for you is one by our Jr. Crafter Lydia! She loves making cards with me and this time she used Iris May Hatter ... another Hatter from Little Miss Muffet Stamps. She's so clever with her paper crafting! Now if only I can get her to use glue instead of endless rolls of tape. LOL Lydia says it's a pocket card and the top part folds down behind the image with a note that goes inside.


I'd like to enter these into the following challenges:

Party Time Tuesday Challenge #61 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenges - Anything Goes
Waste Not Wednesday Week #13 Challenge - Forgotten Supplies
Creative Crafts Challenge - Anything but a card
Digital Tuesday Challenge #153 - Your favorite color

17 comments:

  1. Great job on your cards Barbara and I love Lydia card! Keep up the good work both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, your card are ornament are beautiful, but I have to say that Lydia's card is pretty neat! I never got any notes that looked this awesome when I was a kid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Barbara! Love your modified ornament how clever and Lydia's card is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card Barbara and I love the way you coloured the Spice. The ornament is fabulous and Lydia's card is just lovely!

    Did you know that little girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice? I once had a book of kids poems and that was one of them...

    "Sugar and spice and all things nice,
    That's what little girls are made of.
    Boys are rotten,
    Made of cotton,
    That's what little boys are made of."
    (from There's a Rocket in My Pocket)

    Unfortunately most little boys take offence to the poem!


    Hugs!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Too funny! I haven't hear that version before but there are several out there, I'm sure. Compared to that I'm afraid my version is the boring original... It was a song, wasn't it?

      "What are little boys made of?
      What are little boys made of?
      Snips and snails
      And puppy-dogs' tails,
      That's what little boys are made of.

      What are little girls made of?
      What are little girls made of?
      Sugar and spice
      And everything nice,
      That's what little girls are made of."

      Delete
  5. All 3 projects are fabulous. Love the colouring Barbara as always - just stunning. And little Lydia's card is so eye-catching. Love the idea of a pocket card.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara these are great! Love that sugar and spice image with the glitter :) Ooh I don't have any of the flowers from MIC yet...I have to add them to my growing stash! LOL. And Wow!! Lydia's project is so super cute! Loving her fun bright colours and her cute use of tape ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic projects, Barbara! I love the card with the pretty papers and details and sparkle! And that ornament - WOW! Fab coloring on both! Lydia's card is so cute - fun colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wonderful creations.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just so talented! I am always inspired after visiting your blog! Fabulous creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All fab creations! Your ornament is just wonderful, such a great idea. Love Lydia's very pretty card too! Thanks for playing along with my WNW challenge this week hun :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful creations, love all three, admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have made a tremendous window box. Love all the elements and the coloring. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these are lovely chick - the colours are fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow these are all fabulous!

    Thankyou so much for sharing with us over at Creative Craft Challenges. I love the images you have used and the window box is perfect!!

    xoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all your 3 projects!!!Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges and good luck!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.