Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Renew

Welcome back!  :D  Remember yesterday we previewed Royal, a new release from Some Odd Girl, and today we get to meet the other Nouveau Girl in this release!  For this image, I was inspired to do something different and converted a photo box into a puppet show box.  Check it out...


For this project, I used the Renew, Royal and Foxy from Some Odd Girl.  However, it's Renew that you want to take a closer look at since she's the start of today's puppet show.  :D  Here's a good close up of her and I used one of her accessory stamps to add a little flower to her hair.


I couldn't resist staying away from the pink this time and I tried out of a new color scheme too.  This time I used R01, R11, R12, R21 and R22 for the pink and the white is T1 and T3.  Her hair combination is E59, E57 and E23; and her eyes are the B90's.  The skin tones are E21, E11, E00, E000 and E04, R11 and R12 for some color.


This puppet box was an idea from Hobby Lobby and was included in their idea brochure for the photo boxes they sell.  I use the photo boxes to keep my finished cards in so was picking up a few boxes to begin with when the brochure caught my eye.  So I grabbed an extra white box and set it aside for the perfect images to inspire me.


I added a few additions of my own including the crochet mushrooms (nope, I didn't make those.  They're store bought too), the metal flowers (which I think are from Stampin' Up), and the stage curtain.  The curtain fabric is also from Stampin' Up which I ironed into pleats then glued it into the box.  The edges were finished off by just folding them over and gluing them down so I didn't have to get my sewing machine out of the bag.


The border punch is from Martha Stewart and I used that to decorate the edges of the striped paper which curves around the boxes corners.  I also used a large scalloped circle punch for the corner in the orange paper.  Then the clothes pin was glued onto the box to hold the next showtime label which was created from other punches from Stampin' Up.  Oh, there's also a grass diecut from My Favorite Things that I used on the inside of the box near the back.


The hardest part of the project was cutting out the top and bottom portion of the box and next time instead of using a hobby knife, I'm going to get out the heavy duty utility knife from teh garage!  The lid and the inside of the box was covered with decorative papers then the rest of the accessories was the fun part of the project.  I can't confess to how many finger puppets we have so it was super fun to see them get new life yesterday when I gave the puppet box to my kids.  That was the fun part too!  :D

 

Thanks for dropping and I hope you've enjoyed my project!  Make sure you visit the SOG blog to check out the other design team's inspiration using Renew.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #78 - Anything but a card
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #75 - Anything but a card
Make it Monday Link #86 - Anything Goes

17 comments:

  1. Wow....how you so creative, Barbara...love love love your puppet box. and always love your coloring

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo what a great idea
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea. I never thought of doing this before

    ReplyDelete
  4. How totally original Barbara, love this project! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun Barbara!! LOVE IT!!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative and well executed! It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a creative creation! LOVE the stamps!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday with our anything but a card challenge, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just amazing. Love everything about it & hope to be as talented in coloring as you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your coloring and the rest of your project is fantastic! Thank you for joining us over at love to create challenges.
    ~ Amanda LTCDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on the Some Odd Girl site and was blown away! This is amazing! Thank you SO much for joining us at MIM this week and good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and clever! Your coloring is gorgeous!



    I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m number 205)

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fantastic project...great use of all those images and love those mushrooms. Saw you on MIM>

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, how sweet is this! Beautiful and so much work - Love it :)

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything but a Card' challenge. Don't forget you could win our Top Tipper prize by leaving a tip in your post especially for TTT
    Thanks for playing :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning! I absolutely adore the little mushrooms!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Hope to see you again!

    Remember, you can enter 3 creations and 3 tips - 6 chances for prizes!!

    Hugs

    Leanne

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Fabulous!! Fabulous design and colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Love to Create Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.