The image I used is Ardelia from Make it Crafty and I printed her out rather large, about 4.5"x5.5" or something like that. All I remember is it was too large to fit on the small standard size cards and too much of an awkward shape for a regular 6x6" card. What to do? Alas... I have been given some suggestions and will ponder some more.
Here's a side by side comparison of the good Ardelia and the evil Ardelia. :D Some tricks I used to convey both sides comes down to color, face makeup and background. For the good side I've left a clean white background, gave her spring colors for her clothes and fun reddish hair with freckles. Then for the darker side I used deep blood red, black hair and lots of Gothic-style makeup. Then I started having some fun... I added some piercing studs to her eyebrow and rings to her lips and ear; the dress I pulled down into some blood droplets and added lots of streaks and splatters in the background.
One thing I wanted to do was give them bright deep eyes so I used brighter colors and reduced the highlights down in size. With the good and the bad done I started thinking about the spaghetti Western movie called "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" so someone dared me to color the Ugly version. Are you ready?....
I kept with the same techniques as before but for the Ugly version I went with a dirty background, muddled colors and greenish skin with warts. And with that worked out, I also started to have fun and added decaying buck teeth, upturned pig's snout, messy strands of hair witha bit of green, and took away all the highlights in her eyes and made them a little bloodshot.
My sister says she's hard to look at so I take that as a complement! LOL After coloring this image three times I realize there were a few shadows I had forgotten here and there so I'll be going back and touching up the portraits. Then once I figure out what to do with them I'll post the finished projects. :D Hope you've enjoyed!!
I've added this project to this Monday's linking party #85 at Make it Monday. :D