Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Betty Skellington

I wasn't going to do a post today (Gasp, shock!) because I couldn't think of anything to say. I just got back my test score from a unit test I had taken last week and it wasn't looking so good. :( I got a 150/200 which is a solid dull C. Terrible, I know! But numbers and fingerspelling were my weak points and believe it or not, those are the only things I missed - too bad my teacher couldn't boost my grade any more for getting the other stuff right.


Anyway, let's get away from the boring stuff and talk about this card! It was originally going to be for the SBS Challenge last week but that was nixed due to the DT Call they are having. So this is a little Halloween inspiration to wet your taste buds and you can click HERE to read all about the DT Call!


The image I used is Betty Skellington from Simply B Stamps and I wanted to go for a spilled coffee look. If I had any coffee around I might have used the real thing but I settled on the E40s range of the Copic markers, plus the blender marker, and this is what I came up with.


I had colored the stains first with E40, E41, E42 and E44 first then used the blender marker to create a few negative spots. After I was satisfied with that, I went back in and colored the image while trying to ignore the stains. LOL But don't worry, it wasn't all that hard as I decided any mistakes would look like more coffee stains. He he he

9 comments:

  1. Amazing...... I am loving the playing cards/papers aswell..... where are they from?? You are so b***** clever!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Alice in Wonderland vintage playing card paper is from Graphics 45. ;D

      Delete
    2. Thanks Barbara.... I thought they might have been.....They do some amazing papers ....always to scared to cut into them though!!! The spilled coffee look on your work is brilliant...... looks so effective..... mine would like a huge mess!!! Keep up the fantastic work... you are such an inspiration xx

      Delete
  2. fab fab and so fun idea!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. His is a gorgeous design. I love how you color the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh WOW...so cool, Barbara... I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, really like thye image Barbara. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.