Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bicycle

Welcome to a new challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!! Our theme for this fortnight is "April Showers" and you can represent that in your image, decorative paper, accessories or coloring. So make sure you head on over to the LMM Challenge blog and check out the design team's amazing creations!!


For my project I used Bicycle from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and my challenge theme comes in the form of coloring rain. The image was one I've had colored for a while so all I need to do was add some grass, rain and raindrops. Then I saw what Shelby had done with her raindrops and was inspired to use glitter glue on mine too. :D


For the raindrops, I first used the white gel pen and on the other side I used W10 to create a shadow. Then I used B41 to color the center and finally topped it off with Stickles, glitter glue. It's actually rather easy and can be done to any image.


The image was rather large so I kept the rest of the card pretty simple and at last minute I tucked some ribbon scraps into the edges.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Paper Creations Ink Challenge #23 - April Showers bring May Flowers
Get Hippity with Ippity Challenge #19 - Rain or Showers
Make it Monday Link #85 - Anything Goes (JFF)
Whoopsie Daisy Challenges - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenges - Anything Goes


Little Miss Muffet Stamps was featured in the Papers and Pixels magazine!

April 2012 Edition

30 comments:

  1. This bike is precious. I love your coloring.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fab. I love the image, I love the bright, zingy colours and you know I LOVE your colouring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab image, great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well good grief!! You and Shelby BOTH knock my socks off with your raindrop coloring. I was wondering if hot glue works too and then color with copics? Either way, Shelby is who led me over to your blog and I am beyond impressed with your mad skills!! This card is wonderful, as well as the many other I've perused this morning.
    Thank you for the inspiration!
    Lisa :)
    Oh, while I'm here, thank you so much for joining us at Make It Monday for our linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is brilliant Barbara!! Your rain colouring is amazing!! Lovin' that bike too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous! your coloring is beyond spectacular and i just love how you did the rain and grass! truly an artist!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara this is stunning! Those raindrops are perfect and I love how you do grass! I think I need a crash course in this... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Barbara! The raindrops look fabulous!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow awesome card...that bike image is amazing and your coloring just brought it to life...love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara,
    Wow how amazing is your card?, soooo AMAZING! Thanks for the notes I think I will give this a try!
    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  11. hoi barbara
    wat is je kaart mooi en vrolijk van kleur!
    groetjes van corry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card, Barbara! Fabulous coloring - love how you did the raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww What an adroable image I've not seen it before, will have to add it to my wish list. I love how you have added the rai and the raindrops, you can almost feel the wet and the cold, really clever . Found you on MIM :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card. Especially the raindrops! (Saw you at MIM)

    greetz,
    (Mama)Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness Barbara the dripping rain on the bike and grass are fabulous. Amazing card - love it. Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a beautiful card!! I like the bike!

    Grtz,

    GerJanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful and is perfect since here is raining too keke. i really love how the colours are so intense. Glad i found you on MIM.
    *hugs*
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Barbara, love the way you made the raindrops on your bicycle! Great card! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing card! Yeah Shelby is the trouble maker this challenge week for sure - she had a lot of us drooling over those darn cute rain drops and now you too! So, now I have to try my hand at them...wish me luck! Thanks for playing with us at Get Hippity with Ippity!
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the background!! Thanks so much for sharing how you created the background - it is AMAZING!! Thanks for joining us at Get Hippity with Ippity!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too cool! I love how you've done the rain dripping off the bicycle...going to have to remember that one!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cute Barbara. I saw it posted on MIM. Gloria

    Visit my blog - would love more members.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful card! Fantastic coloring and that glitter glue is perfect- LOVE it dripping off of the bike! Thanks for joining us at Get Hippity with Ippity!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the rain drops

    I saw your link on MIM, I'm number 162 this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful card! Your colouring is super and I love how you did the raindrops :) Sarah x
    Spotted you on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  26. fabby card Barbara, love the bike with tulips
    thanks for joining our challenge over at Paper Creations Ink
    hugs
    Miranda
    PCI DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  28. wowzeroooonie Barbara! your rain is AWESOME! What a FABBY card!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.