Sunday, April 1, 2012

Foxy

It's a new challenge over at Some Odd Girls and this month we have a color combo for you! It's a fun one too - anything with browns and pinks is fun. :D Be sure to head on over to the SOG Blog and check out all the other DT inspiration!


The image I used is Foxy from Some Odd Girl. Now I know foxes are normally red but brown foxes do exist and I wanted to give this cutie and new look. :D So I reached for my E40s and colored away.


For my project I created a tag and I decided to bring out some fabric to add to the mix. Then I used a Whimsy tag and layered it with a Make it Crafty chippies, painted in black. For the embellishments I sprinkled some dragonflies and gems and finished it off with ribbon. I'm getting a nice stash of tags and can't wait to start using them on gifts.


As a final project, I wanted to share a project from my oldest daughter. She took one look at me stamping Foxy and exclaimed that she wanted one too! Plus she wanted me to stamp a few other stamps that were hanging around on my desk. :D Here's her project and she even got to use my Copic markers - ah, what a day!


Hope you've enjoyed today's inspiration and thanks for stopping by. Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, Barbara! I love your daughter's project - so creative.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter's card and your tag are both fantastic! Great coloring and design on both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Barbara - what a stunningly adorable tag. Love the cute Foxy and your daughter's project is super. That's the danger (or wonder) of having daughters who like crafting :).

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two projects. You're daughter sounds like a right cutie, lucky her for getting to use your markers, ey! :)

    LOVE your tag, I love your little disclaimer about the brown foxes, as if you need to explain to us!! I love your colour work - rocks my socks!!

    Thank you so much for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tag! Very cool!

    And I love that you share your daughter's creations too. Mine is taking a little break from coloring but I know she'll be back to it soon! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, this is so cute! Love the way you color foxy.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.