Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Grow

Today is my day to show off a project over at the Some Odd Girl Blog and I've got a fun project to share using one of the Nouveau Girls from Some Odd Girl... Grow! Check it out...


I've had four cubes for the longest time and was going to do decorate something with the word "READ" for the bookshelf. However, when I was cleaning, I had place them next to a spinner I had stamps and well, one thing led to another and I sacrificed one of the reading cubes to make this block.


I thought this would be a great teacher gift (yes, I need lots of those!) and so I chose to use the image Grow from Some Odd Girl because of the apple. I also used the flowers from Believe, another of the Nouveau Girls from Some Odd Girl. The other stamps on this block that I used are Stylized Notables 1 and coordinating die from Whimsy plus the N1 Fancy Frame chipboard from Make it Crafty. The top of the block uses Take a Spin from Stampin' Up and on two of the side I used the Chandelier from Stampavie in the background.

Here are the five decorated sides going around the block...


The paper I used is from My Mind's Eye (Howdy Doody) and I started the block by glueing down a square on each of the sides. Then I sanded down the edges/corners so the paper wasn't sticking out (but next time i'll just cut it a bit smaller for the same effect) and then used brown ink to smudge around the edges. After that, each side it was like decorating a tiny card or small tag!


There are a few metal dies I used including two news ones I got this week from Memory Box... Modern Landscape Border and Chloe Stem. It was also fun to dig out the Notebook Edge and Flat-Bottom Clouds from My Favorite Things.

I think that's about all the details on the block. :D I hope you enjoyed it and thanks so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comments. *Hugs

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and creative project, Barbara! Wonderful details and fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoi barbara
    een erg mooi en leuk project met al die mooie kanten in frisse kleuren!
    groetjes van corry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Barbara, this is soooo cool! A really unique gift! Love your coloring and all of the fun embellishments you used. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow absolutely stunning project.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cool! I'm sure any teacher would love to receive this project.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Barbara! Love the idea of the box and you have decorated it stunningly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness BamBam you have been busy - what beautiful work!
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome Barbara! Amazing project!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you put so much work into it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.