Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hatter Hat Stands

Today is a start of a lazy weekend where I have absolutely nothing planned on my calendar!  The shock and awe of it all is amazing!  I finished off my Friday evening settled down to a movie - Julie & Julia - which was making me super hungry for something hearty.  In the movie, I just love it when her sister comes to visit.  LOL  So my card for today is another one I had made for the Hatter scrap party last week as one of the door prizes.


This fun card uses one of the Hatter Hat Stands and just the hat from Emily Rose Hatter from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and combines them for a perfect pair.  The hat stand was stamped on white paper then run through the die cutting machine. To get the hat all by itself, I stamped the top part of Emily Rose Hatter then after coloring it I cut closely around the hat. Then I used dimensionals to pop it up and positioned it on the hat stand.   


For embellishments I used some of my many corduroys buttons, which I have a whole box full, and some turquoise lace ribbon.  I wish I had a ribbon iron that I saw used at a scrap night a while ago - it would have been perfect for this lace that was bunched up.  However, my Mom rescued me and brought over a tiny quilting iron and the smallest ironing board I have ever seen.  It fit perfectly on my work space and I think it might be a better solution to the ribbon iron because I can use it for more things.  Thanks Mom!


That's the end of this project and about all I can think about.  :D  Later on today I have a surprize Zombie gift set (really, you'll be super surpized by these Zombies) and tomorrow be sure to come back for a little blog candy!

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge #9 - Shabby Chic Mother's Day
Inspire Me Fridays #56 - Anything Goes (JFF)
Polka Doodles Week #17 - Shabby Chic/Vintage

11 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara! I love your beautiful card! Beautiful colored and colors and so nice and clean look! hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Barbara! Love how elegant the hat looks and the gorgeous colours and papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Barbara! I love the papers and the beautifully colored hat on a stand! Wonderful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours - thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and that hat image is just too much fun! I just bought a vintage hat like that <3 it !!!! Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Polka Doodles
    Hugs
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a gorgeous card! Love that hat stand! so much fun, bright and pretty!

    Thanks for sharing at SCH this week!

    Holly SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab creation, thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely. Love how the hat pops off the card. Perfect match with that lace. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Barbara! I love the colour combo!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous creation and thanks for sharing this with us at Polka Doodles Shabby Chic challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.