Thursday, April 26, 2012

Payton

Can you believe it's Thursday already?  I can't believe I'm off another day this week - where is the time going?!  Today is an inspirational day at Little Miss Muffet Stamps and even though I'm a little late (hay, I'm the boss so it's ok this time.  LOL), I don't want to miss out sharing one of my Father's Day cards this year.  Check it out...



The image I used is Payton from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and is the perfect image for my dad who loves to fish.  In fact, this could possibly have be me when I was a kid which is why it's perfect for Father's day.  The dragonfly chippies are from Make it Crafty and the Papa sentiment stamp is from Stampin' Up.


I don't remember the paper I used but I thought the wood going horizontal would look a little like a dock and the browns would help the card look more masculine.  I also tried to stay away from curved lines but the circle fans in the decorative paper still help give it a soft look without screaming "feminine."



If you get a chance make sure to head on over to the Little Miss Muffet Blog to see the design team's inspiration - it's a day we all got to play so there are some wonderful ideas!  Thanks for dropping by.  *Hugs

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

 Cards for Men Challenge #9 - Texture (wood grain - visual)
My Mum's Craft shop Challenge #54 - The Great Outdoors

17 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! Love the coloring and her pigtails too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Barbara. Sweet image and simple layout is just perfect. Loving the colours and dragonflies.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. Really puts you in mind of summer days. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. now this is just too sweet...Love that amazing image..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Barbara! I love how you used the wood gran paper to make the boardwalk and the little dragonfly chippies give a really nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This image is so sweet I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw she is just as cute as a bug! Yes, it is a pretty card but perfectly pitched for Daddy's Day... thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, Barbara! The image is adorable and perfectly colored! What a wonderful Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute image. Perfect colours for our challenge too. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley challenges. Hugs Eva x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and fab image!! Thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs

    NIKkI DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely! Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW..gorgeous hon...thanks for playing along at Dream Valley..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...such a sweet image and coloured beautifully. The colours and layout are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love this! Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time! Best of luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (OSAAT DT)
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous! thanks for joining in this week at My Mums Craft Shop! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.