Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tweet Kaylee & Spring Pup

It's been a while since I've done a full scene card and the new releases at Some Odd Girl gave me a little inspiration! Plus getting the whole card colored sure makes putting it together a cinch! LOL Here's what I made...


The images I used are Tweet Kaylee and Spring Pup from Some Odd Girl (both new releases for this week) and I've combined them with Open Window, Pebblestone Patch and bricks from Paris Building Elements by Make it Crafty. As embellishments, I also used Mini Dragonflies chippes from Make it Crafty.


I colored Spring Pup to mostly look like my dog. My dog is probably a mutt but mainly has pinscher markings with a little white on the chest. She's a tiny dog and super friendly so not really the scary kind of pinscher. LOL She was adopted last year so who knows what her background story is.


Tweet Kaylee fit perfectly in the window and it looks like she is leaning out to say good morning to the little bird. Reminded me a little of Snow White so I had to color her heir black with a little bit of a turquoise twist.


Thanks for dropping by and make sure you check out all the other awesome creations by the DT over on the SOG Blog! They're fantastic! :D

18 comments:

  1. Barbara this is gorgeous!! I love how you do two-tone hair like this :) Beautiful scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, you killed this! OMGoodness! This scene is perfect! Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara!!!!! I totally thought she had a Snow White feel to her as well.. I absolutely am amazed at this gorgeous scene you've put together. Total eye candy, I love it!! Amazing work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Barbara! Outstanding coloring of the great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, just georgeouse! I love when you do scenes! I wish I could do it like this! WOW! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome scene Barbara! It does look like a fairy tale enfolding! Gorgeous coloring and it definitely makes me smile. Really Awesome!!
    Happy Wednesday!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable. I love the beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hallo barbara
    wat een geweldig mooie kaart en jou kleurwerk vind ik iedere keer weer prachtig!!
    groetjes van corry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow stunning card. The scene you have created is wonderful

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goooooooooodnesh....GORGEOUS, Barbara...
    I always love your great idea to make a card...

    hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara. I saw this at the SOG blog and HAD to come tell you how utterly adorable this is! The way you pulled these images together with that wee window! OMG it totally looks like a scene out of a movie! The way you colored the puppy is AH-MAZING! Thanks so much for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Barb...you have just blown me out of the water with this card. What an amazing design...I am so fascinated with this card..Girl you have got talent...I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I have so much to say! Firstly, the Hatters releases upstairs, look great. Next, I luuuurve Kaylee's hair. How completely fabby. And. You've inspired me to have a go at a scene. Historically, they scare me and I have avoided them. But you have inspired me to think I should have a go...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHEW. you just never cease to blow my mind, Barbara! this is stunning, and i can only imagine how much time you must spend just COLOURING. the puppy is just WONDERFUL. i will have to keep the colouring in mind, because i love a little rottie pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an awesome combo!! Love this so much!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.