Monday, May 28, 2012

Build-a-Critter

Here is a bit of inspiration with Little Miss Muffet Stamps using the new Build-a-Critter that was released last week.  I made up all six critters possible... well, all six normal critters!  LOL  I left out the skunk-aroo and racoo-eavers.  He he he 


These little critters I had actually drawn a long time ago for a class that I taught in drawing.  I was teaching how a simple body could be used to create all sorts of different animals and they got to choose how to decorate the critter.  After building the critter I taught them a little about shading.  It was a fun class.


There are a couple of things on the card I was excited to use... the sentiment beads have been sitting in my craft room for over two or three years so I threaded them onto hat pins and placed them behind the ribbon rose.  I think those beads are way back when I made jewelry... or attempted to make jewelry.  I think I managed to create a few bookmarks but never went past that.


Then the ribbon rose was something I found in the store - I was so excited I finally found some, except I didnt' anticipate they would be too big to use on most of my projects.  So it was neat they fit and the color scheme worked out ok too.   And lastly it always feels good to move out the older paper.






This is probably another gift set of cards that I'll bundle up and save for when needed.  It was fun to put together and I actually used them for show and tell last week at my daughter's school - it was career day and they asked me to come talk about being an artist.  Let's just say the 2nd grad was full of great questions but the Kindergartener's were only interested in the pretty pictures part.  LOL  They were all sweet and next time I'll know just to bring a drawing pad and a pencil for their age group.  :D


Thanks for dropping by and I hope you've enjoyed these cards.  :D  Make sure to head on over to the LMMS Challenge Blog for more mid-week inspiration and then to the LMMS Store for some shopping!

I'd like to enter these into the following challenges:

House of Gilli Challenges - Diecuts and Punches
Sentimental Sundays Challenge #104 - Sentiment & Flowers

14 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara! Oh these little animals are so cute! And how gorgeous they all look togehter like this! hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set is absolutely Adorable!!! I love your color choices and great embellishments :) I would love to see the skunkaroo and racooeavers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, these are all so cute. Love the color combo and the sentiment beads. The flower is gorgeous!! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, Barbara! Love the papers and the adorable critters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, cute images and great sentiments :-)
    Thanx for sharing at Kenny K Crafty Girlz Challenge this week and good luck!
    Hugs from Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, you must have known you would need these papers for these cards back when you bought them! It's a special knack we have. Anyhow, they're perfect with these images. BTW, will reply to e-mail ASAP, hubby been off, throws routine right out. So rude! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. really really cute! I'd love to see the skunk-aroo though *giggle*
    They are all fab, and the use of ribbon looks wonderful- thank you for joining KKKG this week :)

    hugs, Laila

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a really awesome job with the images!! The flower is the perfect touch!! We are glad you joined us at Get Hippity with Ippity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation: Thanks for joining us at Get Hippity with Ippity. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb cards and images and perfect for our circles challenge this week at gingerloft. Thank you for sharing it with us and good luck. Hugs. Nikki dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute. Love all these cute images. Thanks for joining us at sentimental sundays challenge this week.
    Hugs, Archana

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable, love the cute critters! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.