Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lavender as Alice

It's a new challenge day at Little Miss Muffet Stamps and we have an awesome theme for everyone... ANYTHING GOES!!  We all love those plus there are fabulous prizes - THREE RUBBER STAMPS!!  This isn't something that happens every time there is a challenge so I feel like bringing special attention to it.  He he he... hence the all caps.  LOL  But seriously, head on over to the LMM Challenge Blog and check out the details - for this challenge you just have to be a Follower and add the NEWS Badge to your sidebar!  Easy peasy!  :D


For my project I used the new Lavender as Alice and went with a gold and blue color scheme.  This isn't just any o'l Alice as she's a special Sugar 'n Spice Doll Alice!  :D  She's great in all colors too and a perfect image for girl birthday cards. 


I love how her colors turned out and it was pure luck as I didn't have my color chart out for a reference - so as a result I just started picking out marker I tought would work together and blending out colors that didn't.  I'll have to try that more often.  What about you... are you a color-by-the-chart kind of person or do you prefer to get results through the luck of the draw?


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Papercraft Star Challenge #97 - Checkard/Gingham
LEJ Designs Challenge #3 - Lots of Layers
Unique Crafters Challenge #3 - Ribbon or Fiber
Make it Monday Link #89 - Anything Goes

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at LEJ Design Challenge. Good luck. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I use my chart, but by the time I start blending, I'm so many layers of color in that the colors don't match anymore! Plus some of the colors don't match the caps... This is a smile-inducing card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty face - beautiful card Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!!! Great coloring and embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Barbara this is fab!... I very nearly did her this time.. she is coloured beautifully... I think she may be my next project...
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and colours Barbara. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab - great image and lovely papers/colours! Thanks for joining us at LEJ designs this week! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Barbara. Love the way you have coloured her and the deatils work so well :). Super card.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, your card is WONDERFUL!!! I love the gingham paper, looks amazing!

    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Barbara! I love how you have done her face and hair! It really stands out!

    Personally I do use my chart a lot, but I tend to mix up my shading trios or triads with different numbers and sometimes different families.

    I think this new batch of Sugar n Spice dolls is my favouritist yet!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops I meant quads, not triads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, cute image, great layout, thanks for joining in our challenge at OLLCB this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful...your coloring is AMAZING! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM. Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance to win our second prize!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute. I love the colors and the little girl just makes me smile. Thanks so much for joining us at Unique Crafters

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Barbara, well you and me seem to have picked the same stamp this time! I just love Alice in Wonderland and I love your gorgeous card! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, I LOVE this Barbara! gor4geous colouring, fresh and feminine - what is not to like?!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card, Barbara, love your checks! Thanks for joining us this week with a fun card for the Papercraft Star "Checks or Gingham" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful colouring - and a gorgeous card too sweetie.
    Thank you for joining us this week with your wonderful creation!

    Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh I love this! She looks so fabulous and your card is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the gold and blue color palette and all your playful bits of whimsy with your choice of papers! So sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely card with a really cute image Barbara!
    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! The felt clouds are just delightful :) I'm glad you entered it at Unique Crafters! Your project is a delight to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.