Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Renew

It's a new challenge day at Some Odd Girl and we have a sketch for you this month!  Don't miss out on the blog candy posted above and also be sure to visit the SOG Blog for all the other sketch inspiration and fabulous designs!  You're going to love it.


For my project I used Renew from Some Odd Girl and combined the challenge sketch with another card I found online at Just Give Me Stamps.  The combination of the two came out great and as anyone might know, pink is my favorite color so this one really speaks to me.  :D  The browns and blacks really give it an antique feel that I haven't captured for a while.  I also used the coordinating "relax" sentiment and stamped on the pink banner.


If you remember my puppet box from last week you might recognize that this girl was colored the same way, and in fact, you might even notice it's the very same image indeed!  And you'd be right.  LOL  My kids were enjoying their own puppets so much that I snatched her away before the paper was crumpled and used her for this project.  However, I added some R81 and R83 to her dress so it would match the paper better. Pretty sneaky, eh?  Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Grat card, Barbara! I love the DP and twine! Fantastic coloring of the cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Barbara.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous...love your take on the sketch....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grins.. pretty sneaky indeed!! But I don't blame you one bit. I love Renew and can't wait to grab her from the store!! Your coloring is gorgeous, and I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Barbara, I love how you really bring your images to life with your colouring - her hair looks almost real! CoB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Barbara, she is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS Barbara!!! Loveeeeeeeeeee your colors!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Barbara! I love how her hair is so shiny.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's just stunning Barbara - such lovely colours. Love that you have teamed her with a little rustic background.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous Barbara! Beautiful colours and the papers are so pretty too!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.