Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sweat Thinkin' Mae

Good morning peeps!  I have a fun project that I made just for fun - actually the theme is just for fun but I made the card for CHA samples for Kristy at SOG - but I still call that "just for fun."  Would you?  He he he  Anyway, for this card I used Sweat Thinkin' Mae from Some Odd Girl.  Since she was a stamps I got to use the good 'ol paper and take my time coloring.


This was one of those times that I wasn't sure exactly what I was making so I just started grabbing things here and there.  The large green center is left over from some decorative paper that I had previously used in the week and couldn't figure out how to get it onto my other project.  So my card actually started with that piece.  :D  Then herbs and spices just screams of texture so I grabbed the cork sheets that sit next to my cutting machine.  After that it was a matter of finding things that worked well and I finished it off with Mae and the coordinating sentiment.


I've been experimenting adding shadows with E04 to the skin area and I think I'm finally getting a hang of it where I feel comfortable not blending in the shadow.  For the longest time it was hard to resit, but now I rather like the hard edge to the shadow and didn't know how I cooped without it.  LOL  You should give it a try and I pratically works with any skin tone you pick.  Right after you get finished coloring the skin, grab the E04 and draw in a thin line for the shadows - then leave it.  :D  Most of my sun sources are from the upper left corner so I like to hve the shadow appear on the lower right of the object.  


I'm also experimenting with the image sizes since Blogger no longer resizes them with out making them blury.  So what do you think... too large? I think so - might have to resize the other ones that I have already uploaded. Anyway, thats about it for this morning - thanks for coming by and check back later today for something new.  :D

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh Barbara this is delish! I LOVE SOG images.. I love all the elements here.. fabulous!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Barbara! I think your shading is great...it is lovely so pronounced and adds more depth :) Your colouring is always just so beautiful. The cork is a great touch and the green just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - she is lovely Barbara. Love the cork paper accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome card...she is just too cute...love how you used cork...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! The cork adds so much to the card!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.