Monday, June 4, 2012

La Promenade au Jardin & Park Glen Door Diecut

Happy Monday everyone!  :D  This is our first week of Summer break and the kids have off from school so instead of it being a gruesome dreary Monday, I'm actually pretty excited.  LOL  Plus I have two projects to show off today - both of them use the new Park Glen Door Diecut that I added to the store last week.  You've had a couple other samples over the weekend and now here are a few more ideas on how versatile this door is.  Check them out...


This first project uses the Park Glen Door Diecut plus La Promenade au Jardin (in digi format) from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  I was going for a cozy vintage cottage feel and created something that reminded me of  B&B I stayed at once.  The hostess was a dear old lady and so sweet.  :D  I hope I have the chance to go back for a visit and stay with her again.


La Promenade au Jardin is available now only in rubber and she's also included as part of a combo package for a reduced price.  She's a dream to color up and probably one of my favorites from that release.  In the background I've used embellishments from Stampin' Up and the large brad says "Genuine * Genuine" - they've been fun to use and I wish I had an endless supply so I wouldn't have to hoard them all.  LOL 


The Park Glen Door Diecut comes with two sheet of screen mesh and I've used one of this project here to create a screen door.  Then I used all the hardware bits that are on the diecut which include the three door hinges, door knob and key plate plus the large key.  I also used the center circle of the large key to place as a spacer in between the door knob and key plate - it was the perfect size and popped out the door knob for more interest.  I love coincidences like that!
 

I'd like to enter that card into the following challenges:


This next project also uses the Park Glen Door Diecut but instead of a stamp I used decorative paper and coordinating stickers to create this fun winter scene - plus it always helps to create a Christmas card here and there to help build up the stock pile!  However, for some reason many of my holiday cards represent snow - why is that?  I think it's because I grew up in a climate that had lovely white winters but since I've moved to Texas we have maybe one day of snow a year and we're lucky if it lasts all day.  Strange - at least for me it is but I'll still enjoy the occasional snow card.


For this door, I've used the three door hinges but left everything else off and added a holly wreath at the top.  This would be like in the kitchen looking out the backdoor at the new snowman the kids have created so the door handle would be the other side if this was a push door.  :D  Yea, that sounds like a good reason!  LOL  But the man excuse was I didn't want to cover the snowman's face.  He he he.


Thanks for stopping by!  Muah!  And don't miss out on the Little Miss Muffet Challenge blog today to see more inspiration using this door plus a few Anything Goes projects!! 

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 Christmas Card Challenge Week 27 - Christmas and Sentiment
Craft Your Days Away Challenge #46 - Red, White and Blue
One Stop Craft Challenge Week #185 - Diamonds and Red, White & Blue

3 comments:

  1. Barbara you are such an inspiration! these are stunning! Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant cards, Barbara! Your designs are so creative and your coloring is amazing! Fantastic details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are beautiful and love how you've used the door in such different ways!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.