Thursday, June 7, 2012

Valentine Betty

Simply B Stamps is taking a little twist and turn with the design team and I'm now doing challenges!!  We'll have challenges once a week featuring new and old Simply B Stamps and I'm excited to bring you today's challenge.... "Your Inner Betty!"  The task is to create a project that reminds us of my we love Simply B Stamps!  So here's my project...


For my project I used Valentine Betty and enlarged her to fill up more of the panel.  What I like about Simply B Stamps is the versatility and the fact it often reminds me to try new things and expand my comfort zone a little more.   In addition there's always a stamp that fits my various moods.  LOL


In the spirit of this challenge I used some paper that has been sitting on my desk for months!  It's Authentique Journey Collection and because of all the bright blues, it's one I haven't been able to use very often.  So I put on my thinking cap and finally decided I would make the blue stand out and realized that was better than hiding it.  He he he


The card I made with my nestiabilities dies and used three different shapes then went around the edges with some ink to give them more definition.  It turned out better than I thought!  Hope you've enjoyed it and be sure to head on over to the Simply Challenged Challenges Blog for more inspiration!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful Barbara... soon as I saw it I thought of Betty so you did FANTASTIC!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you look at that hair!!! She's gorgeous and OMGOSH, the blues are so deep and striking. Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara absolutely lovely! Gorgeous!!!
    Fabi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh wow Barbara! Absolutely stunning colouring and I really love the tones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome...your coloring is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this and really love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love, love, love all the blue! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Blue!! Amazing as always...... can't believe I am in the same DT as you! Such an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, this is adorable. Love the blue eyes and blue lips! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.