Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wishes

It's my day to post a project on the Some Odd Girl blog and today I'm bringing you a special project from the pages of my art journal!  Like many other crafters and color enthusiasts out there, I have several boxes full of cards to send out (or keep) that were starting to cry out begging to be used.  Although I send out several cards a month, I still have stack and stacks and decided I could start making journal books instead.


For this project, I've used the faerie Nouveau Girl Wishes from Some Odd Girl and the background is Metallic Flowers from Make it Crafty. The book is about 5"x8" which is a bit larger than a square 6"x6" card so I have a little more room to work with.  I love to include at least two images on them, if not more, because the size allows me to focus on what I like to do the most ... color!


This is the fourth book I've started and I love having it proped up on my desk - and just like a calendar, I can flip the page to something else inspiring for that week.  I've also started a smaller sized one which is about the size of a trading card which I like to use for single character stamps.  Those I plan to use later on as actual trading cards and I think having them all bound up will make it easier to transport.



The books I like to use the most are multi-purpose heavy duty art journal books with thick sturdy pages.  I found mine at the local craft store but you can find book at any art supply store too.


I had the background metal flowers colored long ago and had the colors jotted down so I'll share those with you - they're my favorite color combination for Copper, Steel and Brass:

E41, E42, E43, E44, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99, BG93, G94, T4, C1, C3, C5, E11, E13, E93, E95, E97, E15, E17, YR30, Y32, YR21 and Y26.



That's about it for this project.  :D  Thanks for coming by and I hope this gives you an idea for your next project!

7 comments:

  1. Barbara this is gorgeous....those flowers are amazing and your coloring is FANTASTIC...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project, Barbara! This page is gorgeous! Love the colors and the two images together! Awesome coloring, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing! Love the look of those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara this is so beautiful! I love the colours you have used and a journal is such a nice idea!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's been too long since I've stopped by your blog! I've turned page after page enjoying the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh beautiful journal!!!! you can donate that to me Barbara.... i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.