Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pirate Maxine

We're opening up another challenge at Simply Challenged Challenges today and the theme is Summer Fun!  The DT have featured images from the Funky Pirates at Simply Betty Stamps and have given their project a warm summery feel to them.  For my project I used Pirate Maxine which is one of my favorites in that line and I used some bright oranges to set the tone.


This image was so fun to color and I even got out my E4 Copic marker and added sharp lines.  I'm getting comfortable with the technique enough that I'll probably do it on all my images (when I remember) since I like how the shadows turn out.  And did you notice my new watermark?  Betty put that together for me - thanks Betty!!  :D


I kept the card simple today but I made sure to add lots and lots of jewels!!  That's what every girl needs, right?  LOL  Be sure to check out the rest of the team's inspirational projects at the SCC Blog and let's see what you Summer Fun projects you can come up with!!

5 comments:

  1. woww, love it
    clean and simple so the image is a eyecatcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara,
    fab card, i love your color choice! amazing coloring as usual!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, oh she is absolutely perfect! I love Pirates, you did an awesome job with her!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute fabness. I'm really liking the black and orange together. Very cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, Barbara! Fantastic coloring of the great image!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.