Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cadrian

It's time for another challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges and this one is all about Scallops!!  So we want to see your project encircled with scallops or lots of scallops in between.  :D   Be sure to head on over to the LMM Blog for all the design team inspiration because they've really outdone themselves with this one!!



For my project I used Cadrian from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and I backed her up with the Snap Dragon Garden from Make it Crafty.  For my scallops, I used a bunch of diecuts to create the scalloped border in the background (adorned with ribbon and a chippie) and the banners in the background.  If I was thinking ahead on this one I would have done a scalloped card border but that was more of an after thought.  LOL



If you might have noticed already, I actually colored this one with colored pencils!!  Yes, that's right - it's another attempt at using those pencils of mine and so far I think this one has turned out better than the rest.  My techniques are always so different betwix the pencils and the Copic markers that it's still hard to change.  However, I might have some opportunity to use them on my vacation this weekend so I'm taking them along.  The pencils are always more managable in terms of storage so they'll fit nicely hidden under my seat.



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project.  For those who are wondering... I got my final grade for my class this evening and it looks like I can progress to the next semester!!  Whohoo!  At the end of each sememster I have a final test and teacher interview to discuss my progress, which was this evening, and she suggestion that I should continue on!!  Phew - just knowing is a releif!  However, next semester is three times more time consuming so we'll see how I feel once it starts.  Ack!

7 comments:

  1. That image is just gorgeous! Love it! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Barbara! Beautiful scene and the pencil colouring is gorgeous!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara, what a lovely combination with that MIC background! Brilliant! And congrats on your end term mark, well done hunni! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Cadrian in this scene. How gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol at you hiding pencils under your seat! Fab news about your results too, I know how hard you've been working. Gorgeous card. I keep noticing things I need... xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.