Friday, August 10, 2012

Elven Hestia

It's my day to post some inspiration at the Make it Crafty store blog and I wanted to share with you the image I colored this week while trying to mimic Distress Inks.  First of all I had to figure out what coloring with Distress Inks looks like and settled on the pastel colors, deep shadows around the edges and how light the image looks.  At least, that's how I see it.  So trying to keep a light hand with the Copic markers, this is what I came up with using Elven Hestia from Make it Crafty...


So how did I manage?  I think I did okay with the green dress but totally forgot what I was doing when it came to the black accents!  LOL  I do have one secret and fortunately it still worked out.  On the green dress I was on my final step and blending in with the Blender pen... or so I though!  Somehow I had picked up C0 and didn't notice the gray until I was fished.  However, I think it helped tone down the greens I was using.


And on a side note, you should be surprised, because I even wrote down the Copic markers that I used!!  Now that doesn't happen very often.  :)  But here they are...

Hair: E50, E51, E53, E42, Y23
Skin: E31, E30, E000, E0000, R11
Dress: G82, G12, G40, C0, 0
Wings/Eyes: BG07, BG32, BG11, BG10, BG70
Boots: T8, T6, T4, T2, C4, C3, C2, C1, C0


That’s about all for today and I hope this inspires you a bit.  Thanks for coming by and have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is awesome, Barbara! Your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barabara, it was a long time i have passed here... so amazing coloring as usual, thanks for the markers numbers ;)
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Barbara! Such amazing colouring...she looks so funky! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colouring, what a fantastic image. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara,
    This looks amazing! Love your coloring...
    X annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara, she looks stunning! Hugs Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.