Friday, August 24, 2012

Elven Hestia

I don't know how I do it but I always seem to be late for my Make it Craft post.  Oh, well, better late than  never, right?  On the MiC Store Blog, remember last time I had colored Elvin Hestia?  Well this time I thought I would create a card from it and to give it a little extra zing, I decided to color the chipboard too.  I selected the largest one I had and brought out my Prismacolored Pencils for the task.  The credit for this fantastic idea actually goes to Zoe when she shared a similar project a while back.


The chipboard on this project is Butterfly Swirls Chipboard from Make it crafty.  As many know, I don't like to color with my pencils, however, coloring on the chipboard is a completely different story.  I was able to layer the colors and blend them in with no problem at all.  The coloring went quickly - partly because it was a small area and I didn't have to worry about the lines.  I did, however, try to keep my coloring strokes in the same direction especially on the butterfly wings where it would be noticeable.


I basically used greens and yellows for the stems, silvers and ivory for the bubbles, brown for the butterfly body, and lastly lots of blues for the wings from light blue-cream to almost a black-blue.  I had so much fun on the main chippie that I decided to keep at it and colored the other two smaller butterflies and two corners.



If you have a moment you should visit the MiC Store Blog for all sorts of tips and coloring inspiration - it's amazing what the rest of the design team has made and I they always inspire me.  Thanks for coming by and have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love how you used the chippie. Your coloring is fabulous as always!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my Barbara, this card is fantastic! love all the arrangement you made with chipboard!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara I love this! The colouring on those butterflies looks so amazing and what a great design. I am going to try your underwater tutorial tomorrow!! Wish me luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!! amazing colouring work.
    greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and your colouring is so wonderful, love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow. Gorgeousness. Love the details. X

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.