Sunday, September 9, 2012

Aussie Outback Sheila

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!  My area has finally had a little bit of weather change - yesterday we had record highs with the heat index all the way up to 108 degrees - yikes!!  So it was refreshing to wake up this morning to a nice cool breeze which felt like autumn kicking in.  :D  I love autumn and spring - they're my favorites.  :D


This is a project I've actually had sitting on my desk accumulating supplies for a couple months - it all started back with Zoe was releasing the Australian elements!  Oh my, wasn't that back in February or March!!  Anyway, I had the bird all colored then a month a later I found the Australian diecut at the scrapbook store.  Then after that I set aside my last few scraps of this paper because it matched and so on... each month something was added but I just couldn't figure out how to put it all together.


The images I used are all from Make it Crafty and include: Aussie Outback Sheila, Enchidna and Kookaburra.  I also used some chippies in the mix too.   So I'm not sure how it turned out - maybe a bit too busy.  But it's finished!!  That's the main point.  :D   Hope you like something about it.  He he he

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, so layered and detailed.
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Barbara! Love the colors and papers and all the cool elements you added! Terrific coloring of the images! I won the whole Australia collection back then so you've given me some awesome inspiration for using it in new ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this card. Being an Aussie it really caught my eye. Your outback shelia is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.