Monday, September 10, 2012

Hollywood

I have another tutorial posted over at Make it Crafty Blog today and this one was in request by Alyce who wanted to see how I had colored my last night time sky.  I've merged Ashlyn and Hollywood Sign together from Make it Crafty and came up with a little scene to work on.


All sorts of crazy ideas were going through my demented mind as I was coloring this image and trying to think of the true meaning behind it.  I was originally going for a glamorous model with the Hollywood Sign which would represent movies and fame but after reading about the history of the sign, I couldn't keep my mind from wandering.  LOL 


I could have colored the hair blond then I could have made some reference to Holli Would from Cool World.  Maybe it's a tribute to Hugh Hefner, founder of Playboy magazine, since he donate over $127,700 dollars to preserve the sign.  Perhaps if I had drawn a little body underneath the 'H' then it could be a tribute to the Broadway actress Peg Entwistle who committed suicide - morbid, I know.  Oh, I know - maybe this is a later version of "SUSAN" from Monsters vs Aliens after she grows her hair out for a photo shoot!  He he he



Anyway, I hope you get a chance to see the tutorial over on the MiC blog and that it helps a little.  Both images are a fun to color and an odd combination, I know.  Thanks for coming by!

7 comments:

  1. Well...I'm not sure what to say about the workings of your mind...lol I do know that your coloring is incredible and I really like this beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing Barbara, thanks for the tutorial !
    fab idea to merge the 2 images , love her lipstick!!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Barbara, I love your gorgeous scene!! hugs Lotta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, WOW! I went over to MIC and read your tut and I am so greatful for this post! Thank you so much! YOur colouring is just amazing and I really love her hair you did from the Ebook tut!

    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks fantastic, off to check out the tut!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, loved the tutorial, thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab-u-lous colouring. Just awesome. X

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.